The Magnum Watch

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by only looking »

Go on ebay and look for a brand called ALPHA they have a watch that is pretty close with the exception of their name on it instead of the Rolex name. I'm trying to find a close replica to the Chronosport. I've hear there's a brand out there called ORSA I believe but haven't yet found one.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Sam »

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by perfectlykevin »

Magnum92 wrote:Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that Magnum was wearing his Rolex in Vietnam in The Look 4.9, I was just wondering, if he was wearing the Chronosport in the first season and The Vietnam war was before this, why would he be wearing the Rolex.
I know that he inherited it in 1950, but it just seems a bit odd to me that's all.
The chronosport didn't exist then. :wink: Yeah, I know the Rolex he inherited didn't exist in 1950 either, but well, uh... :oops:

Kev

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Magnum Watch

#19 Post by ENSHealy »

I ordered mine from China for $200 and it's served me well for 10 years now. It arrived tucked in bubble wrap inside the dog clock you see in the pic.

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

It looks good, but the important thing is... how well did that dog clock serve you?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:It looks good, but the important thing is... how well did that dog clock serve you?
It's doing a great job of holding down his stapler, silly!

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by ENSHealy »

I named the dog clock "Dan Cook" because it smuggled something wrapped in plastic from Asia in its stomach.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

ENSHealy wrote:I named the dog clock "Dan Cook" because it smuggled something wrapped in plastic from Asia in its stomach.
...and then you punched it, right? :D

I wouldn't advise treading water for 24 hours with that watch. It probably isn't that waterproof. (I wouldn't advise treading water with that dog clock either.)

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by perfectlykevin »

I always wondered what the watch was Magnum wore in the "throwback" episode set in the 20's or 30's. Forget the name of the episode but I remember at the end he donned his Tigers cap but it was from the 20's or 30's era :)