New bumper sticker idea.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#16 Post by ThomasMagnum »

I'd buy a few 8)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Steve »

I love the idea of the "Did you see the sunrise?" if you could do somehow do it with the sun rising on the shot of the tidal pool...............

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#18 Post by N1095A »

In spite of the hurricane, I managed to make one of my stickers, and get it on the car. The media works well, but uses a lot of ink. The oval stickers are a pain because they require cutting around the oval with an exacto knife, then carefully sanding the edge with medium sandpaper to remove the imperfections left by the knife.

"But Higgins, I can explain."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#19 Post by N1095A »

Steve wrote:I love the idea of the "Did you see the sunrise?" if you could do somehow do it with the sun rising on the shot of the tidal pool...............
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Steve »

N1095A wrote:
Steve wrote:I love the idea of the "Did you see the sunrise?" if you could do somehow do it with the sun rising on the shot of the tidal pool...............
Mike, you are an absolute genious!!!! That would work as a sticker, a t-shirt, perhaps and dare I say, I may have finally found the tatoo I have been trying to think of all these years.............

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Coops »

N1095A wrote:
That is just flat-out awesome. The color of the letters may need a bit a tweaking to make it contrast beter with the background but over al it's excellent. Doesn't Cafe Press take orders like these?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#22 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Coops wrote:
N1095A wrote:
That is just flat-out awesome. The color of the letters may need a bit a tweaking to make it contrast beter with the background but over al it's excellent. Doesn't Cafe Press take orders like these?
Yes, yes, yes. Awesome photoshopping. Text needs some tweaking to punch a bit, but overall, the concept is excellent.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#23 Post by ConchRepublican »

N1095A wrote:
Well done!!!! I'm seeing the copy in orange to blend better, but it looks great!

Maybe even gold, to blend in the team ring color . . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Waterbug Blue »

just for those who are looking for fonts: http://xfreefonts.com/free-fonts-downlo ... lique.html

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Braddah Kimo »

hmmmmm....
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Braddah Kimo »

hell, I'm colorblind. i may make it worse.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Braddah Kimo »

...one with what i am led to believe may be a yellow magnum font...
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Braddah Kimo »

woops. not bumper sticker size.
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Braddah Kimo »

...and another test with the ring glow reflected in the lettering...
Cool how the gold gradient emulates the sunrise effect...
I like it sans question mark. More aligned with the mood and tone of the scene whence it came.

and no quote marks makes it more of a theme. artlike... rather than perfunctory copy thrown onto a b.g.
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.