Magnum tattoo???

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#16 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Cookie wrote:It looks like it might have been taken at the same time as the image you've shown, though.
Yeah. Definitely. Funny, I've only seen the "serious" version Sam posted before.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Hi Cookie (very clever pick of names- love it)!

Thanks for sharing the tat with us.

I've been thinking of what would be some great COMPLETE (head to toe) body tattoos that would best illustrate our favourite show or ones that don't completely cover your whole body.

How about a birds of paradise shirt tattoo covering your upper body and a team ring tattoo on your finger, Rolex on the wrist AND the famous stache above the upper lip!! Also part of his gun sticking out of your waist line.

I guess you could do a total collage of the best of MPI: Helicopter, Ferrari, Robin's Nest. Maybe one arm is dedicated to Rick another to T.C., the legs and butt go to the lads........................

Any ideas?

That would be a great episode(S) for L.A. Ink : MPI FAN gets complete body tattoo - I'd watch! Any takers out there!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by steveadl »

I'm getting a tattoo soon, but a traditional Hawaiian theme.

Still working on what I want exactly and have the tattooist looking into it for me as well. Have a book on Hawaiian tattooing arriving on Monday so that should help. Not so easy as so far the traditional designs I like and examples of Hawaiian tattoos I've seen are larger pieces usually on the arm/shoulder and are flowing. I want a smaller one for my forearm - saving the shoulder piece for next time I go to Hawaii..... I think. :wink:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#19 Post by J.J. Walters »

Nice tattoo, Cookie! Welcome!

I'm tat-less myself, but I respect the art form. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#20 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Cookie wrote:I've been reading this forum for a while, but never bothered to register.
However, since you're discussing my tattoo here, I thought I'd post.

Conch - you're completely wrong on the body part the tattoo is on. Its on my leg.

Styles - yes, it's a real tattoo

IKnowWhatYou'reThinking - Actually, I'm a woman, not a "guy"

Sam - no, it's not from that picture at all.
Cookie, I was using guy generically sorry if I offended you. Welcome to the forum!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#21 Post by ConchRepublican »

Cookie wrote:I've been reading this forum for a while, but never bothered to register.
However, since you're discussing my tattoo here, I thought I'd post.

Conch - you're completely wrong on the body part the tattoo is on. Its on my leg.

Styles - yes, it's a real tattoo

IKnowWhatYou'reThinking - Actually, I'm a woman, not a "guy"

Sam - no, it's not from that picture at all.
Welcome Cookie!!!!

I give you HUGE props for your dedication. I've had a few ideas, but never would commit to something I'd want on my body for the rest of my life (keep the chortling to a minimum, peanut gallery!). 25 years ago it would have been an Ozzy Osbourne logo, so I think I'm on the right track so far.

Glad to see that's a woman's leg and not a man's arm. Much less of a chance for a William Conrad transformation over time. :wink:
(And, creative leg shaving could have some fun with the image. Maybe you could reproduce TM's look for episode 3, season 5, Mac's Back?)

BTW - that was a heck of an artist who did that.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#22 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ConchRepublican wrote:And, creative leg shaving could have some fun with the image.
That is friggin hilarious Conch! I like how you think, bro. :lol: :lol:
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#23 Post by nha trang »

If I got a Magnum PI tattoo, I'd prefer to get a purple cross of lorraine done while rick and tc wander around outside in their helicopter helmets.

Bonus points for all of you that get the reference, and I think this is a cool tattoo idea (cross that is).

brunoffrance
Captain

One of the best episode....

#24 Post by brunoffrance »

Hi there,

This thread is one of the best Magnum PI episode where I've laughed a lot....
The tattoo, the critics , the tattoo owner apparition and then, all the apologies .... It 'would be really an episode with all the actors, with an investigation to find the exact model, where it was drawn ( finally a leg and not an arm... thank you for the floppy.... ) and in final, all the explanations with Cookie, the tattoo fan owner .

A great moment !

Sure you're great and I love that !!!!
Very american 4 a french...