Re: 101 Things I Learned from Watching Magnum P.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Little Garwood »

Italian Ice wrote:62. Hawaii can double for Ireland.

63. It's perfectly normal to live off of junk food and beer yet also compete in physically grueling "Iron Man" contests and kayak races.

64. Navy SEALs are wimps.
Those were the ones I contributed over there. :lol:

They did one for The Wild, Wild West were which were even funnier, but in the IMDB tradition, the thread was deleted.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

Little Garwood wrote:
Italian Ice wrote:64. Navy SEALs are wimps.
Uh, are you saying Magnum is a wimp? Hello? This is a man who was a POW for 3 months. This is a man who has killed over 50 people and injured countless others in fist fights! This is a man who has been shot 13 times! This is a man who has treaded water for 20+ hours and lived to tell about it! This is a man who has survived an attack by a KGB-trained Macaw for crying out loud! Spooks, Nazi's, Thugs, Bodyguards, Cross-Dressing Assassins, Ghosts.... nobody can stop this guy. Wimp? Bah! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Little Garwood »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Little Garwood wrote:
Italian Ice wrote:64. Navy SEALs are wimps.
Uh, are you saying Magnum is a wimp? Hello? This is a man who was a POW for 3 months. This is a man who has killed over 50 people and injured countless others in fist fights! This is a man who has been shot 13 times! This is a man who has treaded water for 20+ hours and lived to tell about it! This is a man who has survived an attack by a KGB-trained Macaw for crying out loud! Spooks, Nazi's, Thugs, Bodyguards, Cross-Dressing Assassins, Ghosts.... nobody can stop this guy. Wimp? Bah! ;)
That was a notion I had during the show's original run. Why? Because I had read a military magazine about the SEALs and saw how tough and intense their training was and because of that, I felt that TM should've been able kick butt without breaking a sweat. I feel that his less-than-stellar fighting was a comic effect of sorts to make TM more of a "regular guy."

Blame it on my youth. :lol:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by MACattack »

added:

153. MAGNUM P.I. is a "historical document" (reference to joke in "GALAXY QUEST") everything in the show really happened, and Higgins really has 20 half brothers!
I just don't give a damn!