How many gates to the beach?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

How many gates to the beach?

#1 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Are there one or two gates out to the beach? I ask this because isn't there stairs leading up to the gate by the tall wall? Sometimes it seems like people are walking onto the estate from the beach and there aren't any stairs.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

Two.

One in the "usual" place

The 2nd in front of the guesthouse.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by lutherhgillis »

One gate from the lawn to the beach where the wall is located and one wide gate in front of the boathouse which served as the guesthouse (from the outside) for the show. Check out the areal photos included in another post on this board.

Icepick
Admiral

#4 Post by Icepick »

Technically there is one gate that people can use but there is also a break in the fencing in front of the Boat House(Guest House on the show). Since boats would have had to come out onto the beach they needed an opening, so there is a makeshift gate(tied on fence rather than a swinging gate although they used a swinging one on the show) in that spot. Behind this between the Boat House and the main grounds of the Estate, there is a normal wired fence with a gate. No stairs in any of these spots.

Looking south toward the beach gate from the Tidal Pool. Boat House out of picture to the right.
Looking east toward the beach entrance. Boat House gate on right.
Boat House gate.

photos from flickr as I have mine trapped in a busted computer:)
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Sam »

As mentioned,there are two gates.And yes there are concrete stairs from the lawn to the beach but are covered with sand most of the time.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Lily »

Definitely only two, but can understand what Jodykmg means as I have seen in some episodes where it looks as though Magnum comes straight off the beach, onto the estate. Other times he is seen to climb the stairs.
Saw just the two entrances on the ocean side, this year when I was there.

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by Jodykmg365 »

thanks for the replies everyone. I guess now I can understand why the one by the boathouse wasn't used on the show....can't give away where it is really located now can they? :P

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Sam »

Hi Jodykmg365.

Regarding your question on the stairs,steps.This weekend I found a picture of me that we took 6-7 years ago..The stairs are visible in the pic.
Last edited by Sam on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Seems like Eve or someone just stopped cleaning them off. I guess it would get old having to clean off the steps after each high tide.

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by Olivier »

Sam wrote:This weekend I found a picture of me that we took 6-7 years ago..The stairs are visible in the pic.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... 251/es.jpg
Now the stairs are not visible. Few months ago I took this picture, it' s a disaster !