What would you do if you owned the Anderson Estate?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Lily »

Soooo agree with Islandhopper! Also the Estate needs a lot of work done to it, but updating it with some of the things here, would surely spoil Robins Nest. Sorry, but somehow cant see Higgins would go for a mounted flat screen television!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#32 Post by J.J. Walters »

For me, everything would have to be 80s specs, including the security system! No broadband internet, no flat screens, no cell phones, no iPods, no DVD player. The phones have cords attached to them. The PC boots into DOS. Phone messages are left on a two-cassette answering machine. It would be great! :)

We do have satellite TV, however. And the guesthouse has basic cable.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Carmen
MPI

#33 Post by Carmen »

For me, everything would have to be 80s specs, including the security system! No broadband internet, no flat screens, no cell phones, no iPods, no DVD player. The phones have cords attached to them. The PC boots into DOS. Phone messages are left on a two-cassette answering machine. It would be great!

... and you would live there?!
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#34 Post by JonnyDaytona »

James J. Walters wrote:For me, everything would have to be 80s specs, including the security system! No broadband internet, no flat screens, no cell phones, no iPods, no DVD player. The phones have cords attached to them. The PC boots into DOS. Phone messages are left on a two-cassette answering machine. It would be great! :)

You know what? I agree. Living in paradise, who needs that junk? It's all time burglary if you ask me.... Keep it simple like the natives do.
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Steve »

JonnyDaytona wrote:You know what? I agree. Living in paradise, who needs that junk? It's all time burglary if you ask me.... Keep it simple like the natives do.
For almost 20 years now, my on going statement to my friends and family is that my goal in life is to somehow live on a Tropical Island, never have a phone, cell phone, pager, fax machine or e-mail again and the only way people will know that I still exist is to shout down the beach to me"Yo, Steve, you still alive down there?" I think I may be able to accomplish my goals at The Estate with a bit of ingenuity and of course the people checking up on me would be the Magnum Fans that have made the pilgrimage.........LOL

Steve
Chicago

JonnyDaytona
Captain

#36 Post by JonnyDaytona »

Steve wrote:
JonnyDaytona wrote:You know what? I agree. Living in paradise, who needs that junk? It's all time burglary if you ask me.... Keep it simple like the natives do.
For almost 20 years now, my on going statement to my friends and family is that my goal in life is to somehow live on a Tropical Island, never have a phone, cell phone, pager, fax machine or e-mail again and the only way people will know that I still exist is to shout down the beach to me"Yo, Steve, you still alive down there?" I think I may be able to accomplish my goals at The Estate with a bit of ingenuity and of course the people checking up on me would be the Magnum Fans that have made the pilgrimage.........LOL

Steve
Chicago
They'd probably provide a ton of free labour on the bigger reno jobs!
"Ivan?......Did you see the sunrise?'

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#37 Post by golfmobile »

Well, folks,

If EYE were there, I would restore it to look as much like Robin's Nest as I could (actually, I'd rather have it look as it did in "Hawaii Five-O," when it really looked MUCH better).

I would renovate the boathouse to be like the guesthouse when TM "lived" there. I would make the gatehouse a MPI "museum"/gift shop with a large screen plasma wall TV playing continuously running MPI episodes while visitors browsed the shop. I would willingly and at a very reasonable price rent out the grounds for weddings/anniversary/birthday parties for MPI fans.

I confess I am ambivalent about gutting the actual interior of the main buildings to make them look like the stage set interiors from MPI, as the actual buildings may be very presentable -- just not look like what we think of as the interior of Robin's Nest. Hey, if I can afford to buy the Eve Anderson estate, I'll have enough funds to buy the property next door and make IT the interiors we know and love, so it can be toured, but I can live in the original residence, as is (but updated!)

But I also confess I would have to have all the "mod cons" disguised behind appropriately styled decor, along with my WiFi, high-speed internet, email, etc. -- or how else would you stay in touch with me and let me know when you were coming for a visit????

:) :D :lol: :P

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#38 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

JonnyDaytona wrote:
Steve wrote:

Steve
Chicago
They'd probably provide a ton of free labour on the bigger reno jobs!
I'd love to have that kind of life. Just give me cold beer, cigars, and a beach and I could be very happy!

Jaybird
Admiral

#39 Post by Jaybird »

8) Definitely I'd fix up the grounds and the house. Now that wouldn't be work at all. Get up in the morning. Go for a swim or paddle. Get out the tools and work in paradise. No time schedule to meet. Have a Longboard lager or a Corona with lime.

Next, I'd throw a party and invite all you blokes! First come, first served but the rest get to camp on the lawn. I'd have two dogs, of course, but not Dobies BUT they would be males named, what else, Zeus and Apollo!

What else....maybe a 308 Ferrari or a Hughes 500D or would that be too much?

Lastly, I'd have an elevator installed so that I could enjoy living there, never having to leave because I couldn't get up the stairs. Ultimately, when I did leave permanently it would be "feet first."
That's about it.
Here is a good 2nd choice....saw it for sale when I was there a year ago.
http://www.trinityproperties.com/Proper ... etreat.php

Icepick
Admiral

#40 Post by Icepick »

One thing to the property in particular I'd like to fix is to refurbish the sea wall that borders the Tidal Pool. It's chipped away horribly in some places and needs some attention. If just cosmetically even.

Also the perimeter fence that borders the beach as well. That fence shouldn't cost too much to replace. The current one is rusted to pieces. Same goes for replacing the gate from the Tidal Pool. It looks like crap.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?