Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#181 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

M1911A1, you won't find a new hat like Magnum had because MLB has changed the design somewhat. The hats are made of a different material starting last year, and a few years ago they made the logos on the hat have more of a 3D look to them. This is a link to one like Magnum's. The only catch is it has a World Series logo on it.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?p ... ody_rv_img

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#182 Post by M1911A1 »

In fact, my problem as you can see it on these two photos
Image Image
is that the tiger's cap is too high, deep... :lol:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#183 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Unfortunately I don’t think you will be able to find anything better. That is the way they make MLB hats. The only option would be finding an old one on Ebay, and I can’t imagine too many people would be keen on buying a used hat.

Icepick
Admiral

#184 Post by Icepick »

The company that makes the retro hats under licence from MLB is American Needle. You could email them to see if they have it. Their website just has this really stupid flash intro thing(beware if your computer is old), but there is a contact page. Also if you do a Google search under American Needle there are companies like Amazon that sell their product and you can see the different ranges.

So far all I can find is the 72 - 82 Detroit Away cap(US$ 25), which has the orange 'D'. It contradictorily has the modern 'puffy' embroidery of the 'D' though, which really doesn't make it fully retro does it? However, Magnum did wear that Away cap once, albeit the white one is what we all want.

www.americanneedle.com
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#185 Post by M1911A1 »

:D Thank you very much Icepick, exactly what I wanted, I order it immediately on Amazon.com Have a nice week-end. :P

Carmen
MPI

#186 Post by Carmen »

So, yours is for Garfield, M1911A1 !! :D
I bought mine just to "personalize"(is that a word?) my car. In fact, there are too many dark blue Fiat Doblo Malibu, so I put my Tigers cap and my rubber chicken onto the rear cover.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#187 Post by M1911A1 »

Carmen wrote:So, yours is for Garfield, M1911A1 !! :D
I bought mine just to "personalize"(is that a word?) my car. In fact, there are too many dark blue Fiat Doblo Malibu, so I put my Tigers cap and my rubber chicken onto the rear cover.
Exactly, this cap is so "special" that there is just Garfield who dares to wear it.
It's funny that your car is a Fiat Doblo, mine is a Punto Grande "Sportissimo". And to customize it, I bought Ferrari's Stickers last summer at Maranello. So that I imagine that I drive a 308 GTS. 8)
The next stage is to let my moustache grow. Unfortunately, my wife absolutely disagrees. :cry:

Icepick
Admiral

#188 Post by Icepick »

Glad you guys got your caps! My brother used to have the original one from the 80s before MLB ruined them, but we lost it one night at a restaurant while out on a piss-up.

Off topic but M1011A1 are you also a Formula One fan?
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#189 Post by M1911A1 »

Icepick wrote: Off topic but M1011A1 are you also a Formula One fan?
Only a huge fan of Ferrari :D

Carmen
MPI

#190 Post by Carmen »

Icepick, are you??
It`s Monaco weekend now and I can`t wait to see the race. I am a Ferrari fan, no matter who drives. Surely I was and am a fan of Michael Schumacher, but now I support Felipe Massa.

I know, that was way off topic, and I promise to behave in the future *BG*

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#191 Post by M1911A1 »

I have just found "The Blazer Badge of The West Yorkshire Regiment" (AUB 335).
That would be 8) on a leather jacket.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#192 Post by N1095A »

"But Higgins, I can explain."

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#193 Post by M1911A1 »

Ouuuuuaaaaa :o , a GMT master, my dream.... (do you dare to wear it every day ?)
Very beautiful collection... Congratulations

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#194 Post by N1095A »

It was a self serving post, I know :wink:. The GMT is a replica. Much cheaper than the real thing, but still quite a hefty cost. It's by far the most costly part of my collection. It feels and functions exactly like the real GMT. I've compared the two in a jewlrey store (drolling over the real one). I wear it about 90% of the time. I usually don't wear it to work. I drive a dump truck for a living, and things can get damaged pretty easily. I made the mistake of wearing the belt to work last week, and put a huge scratch in the buckle. I do own a couple of MPI style shirts as well, the banded collar white dress shirt, the light blue one from earlier seasons, the khaki and green safari shirts etc. I have a pair of Puma Easy Riders, a 1/18th scale T.C.'s chopper that's almost finished. I also have the Seal patch for the camo cap that I haven't made yet because I can't find a camo trucker cap with a green back. Also, the current Seal patch has a black border around it, and TM's had an OD green one. One thing I'd really like to add is the Lighter Side team ring http://www.artist2.com/mpi.html, but that's $500 . I know, I know, I'm going on and on like Higgins. :lol:
Last edited by N1095A on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Carmen
MPI

#195 Post by Carmen »

and I am NOT jealous!!! Not a bit, and I don`t want to hear any more of it :wink: