Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Carmen
MPI

#166 Post by Carmen »

Hey great stuff, M1911A1!!
I only have a tigers hat, a rubber chicken, the Ferrari model (I collect all other Ferraris too) and season I - V so far.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#167 Post by M1911A1 »

Thank you Carmen.
The chicken, i would like to have it too. It would be funny.
:P
I also have a seiko diver's 200 "pepsi" it's not a GMT master but it's quite a good watch. I bought it here : http://chronograph.com/store/index.asp
See you soon.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#168 Post by golfmobile »

M1911A1,

Huh-oh! It seems as though you paid lots of money for your watch. Too bad you didn't find us here first, or you could have gotten one like some of us got for under $20!

Imitation Magnum watch

golfmobile
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#169 Post by SelleckLover »

M1911A1,

Thank you for sharing your collection with us. Very very nice! I'm so jealous that you have the "Aloha Magnum" book!!

:D :D

Carmen
MPI

#170 Post by Carmen »

M1911A1, you can buy a rubber chicken at a pet shop, they are dogs toys :lol:

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#171 Post by M1911A1 »

Carmen "you can buy a rubber chicken at a pet shop, they are dogs toys"
Good idea, so that it won't be too difficult to get one :D

SelleckLover : I'm so jealous that you have the "Aloha Magnum" book!!
The problem is that there are a lot of things that I don't understand in this book :?

golfmobile : "you could have gotten one like some of us got for under $20! " :shock: :shock: :shock: :| :| :| :| :cry: :cry: :cry:
In fact it's my mother who bought it to me so it didn't cost me too much :wink:

Carmen
MPI

#172 Post by Carmen »

... and the rubber chickens are really cheap, mine was 5.95 €
:lol:
now how can I get Magnums bed (may be a bit more expensive)

VM02
Rear Admiral

#173 Post by VM02 »

Quoted from N1095A above (clearly I did it wrong)

Magnum's MIA bracelet had the name Kenneth Ray Lancaster, and here is Lancaster's story:
SP4 Kenneth R. Lancaster was a team leader assigned to Headquarters & Headquarters Company Long Range Reconnaissance Platoon (LRRP) of the 9th Infantry Division. On January 3, 1968, Lancasters LRRP team was being extracted by helicopter from a designated pickup point in Khan Hoa Province, South Vietnam, near the city of Duc My.
About one minute after takeoff, a member of the team saw SP4 Lancaster hanging onto the right skid of the aircraft as the aircraft continued to gain altitude. The pilot was informed and requested to land. When it became evident that the pilot was not able to land due to rough terrain, immediate efforts were made to lower a rope. However, before the rescue attempt could be made, Lancaster fell from the skid of the aircraft while the helicopter was at an altitude of 1000 to 1500 feet above the ground.

The area in which Lancaster fell had heavy vegetation and a triple canopy jungle, creating a slim possibility that the trees and heavy vegetation may have broken Lancaster's fall to some degree. The area was searched that day and again on January 7 and January 8 by American and indigenous platoons without success.

Efforts to conduct a thorough search were limited because no one was able to pinpoint the precise location where Lancaster fell, and the area was under heavy enemy patrol. It was felt that there was a very high probability that the enemy knew the fate of SP4 Lancaster, alive or dead.

Kenny is one of nearly 2500 Americans still missing, prisoner or unaccounted for in Southeast Asia. Reports relating to these Americans continue to mount, and many authorities believe there are hundreds still alive in captivity today. The Vietnamese deny knowledge of Americans in Southeast Asia, and the U.S. Government only acknowledges the "possibility" that some remain.

It would be nothing short of miraculous if Kenny Lancaster survived falling 1000 feet into the jungle, but his family cannot mourn until it is known for certain that he is dead. They know someone has the answers. It is devastating to consider that he may have survived to know he was abandoned to the enemy.

Lest We Forget...

Mermorial Day is Monday.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#174 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Yes, let's please remember the true meaning of Memorial Day on Monday. Thanks for the story behind Magnum's bracelet!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#175 Post by Doc Ibold »

M1911A1 wrote:I share with you my little collection.
Image :oops:
SON OF A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

(Just Kidding M1911A1 - It seems like everyone has this book except for me, and every time I try to get it, I get thwarted. I feel like Wile E Coyote!)

Nice collection!

Carmen
MPI

#176 Post by Carmen »

Doc, I also don`t have it :cry: but maybe some day.....

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#177 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nice collection M1911A1. I keep checking a few used bookstores around town for the book. I'm damned determined I'll find it that way instead of being raked over the coals for it!

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#178 Post by M1911A1 »

In fact I'm quite disappointed with the tigers cap. It is really different from Magnum's one. Not only the "D" but the shape in general is really strange. It looks like a jockey's cap. :D

Carmen
MPI

#179 Post by Carmen »

How much did you pay, if I am allowed to ask? I bought mine via amazon marketplace, it`s the original players cap and costs 32.--€.Looks slightely different, but that`s okay.

M1911A1
Lieutenant

#180 Post by M1911A1 »

I bought it here 31,99 usd + 43,03 (DHL) = 75,02 usd