Clue: Magnum P.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Clue: Magnum P.I.

#16 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Okay folks,
ten rooms (Kitchen, Ballroom, Conservatory, Dining Room, Cellar, Billiard Room, Library, Hall, Lounge, and Study).

Let's see some suggestions for the most Magnumesque characters, weapons, and locations...
Bondtoys.de wrote:Locations should be easy:

Tidal Pool
Guesthouse
Higgins‘ study
Security room
Wine cellar
Patio
Laohu wrote:Dark room
Tennis court
That's eight . . . we can also include the kitchen which is seen from time to time and either the Dining Room, Living Room or one of the bedrooms?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#17 Post by ConchRepublican »

eagle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
308GUY wrote:I like the general concept and all the suggestions should be subject for consideration and scrutiny....BUT I haven't seen any mention of hte 308!?!?!? :!:

I would buy this if it came to market...and I think a few others might too.
My thought is the 308 is the board piece for Thomas. The Lads for Higgins, the chopper for T.C. . . . an Uzi for Rick?
I LOVE THIS.

I have a friend who makes and sells board games, and have written to ask him for advice on how to make this happen. I was thinking of using regular Clue-style player pieces, but using something like Monopoly-style player pieces would make this even better.
You did? This just got upped to a whole new level!!!

eagle wrote:I was envisioning a limited run, something just for us here on the forum. Unless the game elements are represented in both the original series and the reboot, I don't see this as a mass market variant of the game.
As well as gifts for Messrs. Selleck, Bellisario, Manetti and Mosley as well of course. :-)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Laohu »

eagle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
308GUY wrote:I like the general concept and all the suggestions should be subject for consideration and scrutiny....BUT I haven't seen any mention of hte 308!?!?!? :!:

I would buy this if it came to market...and I think a few others might too.
My thought is the 308 is the board piece for Thomas. The Lads for Higgins, the chopper for T.C. . . . an Uzi for Rick?
I LOVE THIS.

I have a friend who makes and sells board games, and have written to ask him for advice on how to make this happen. I was thinking of using regular Clue-style player pieces, but using something like Monopoly-style player pieces would make this even better.

I was envisioning a limited run, something just for us here on the forum. Unless the game elements are represented in both the original series and the reboot, I don't see this as a mass market variant of the game.

I know no one will believe this coming from me but I would vote that the game just be based on the 80’s Magnum . Clue has that old school feel it just seems more appropriate to me .

Wine or coops I vote wine bottle . With the wine cellar being a place on the board it just seems to fit better .

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I was envisioning a limited run, something just for us here on the forum. Unless the game elements are represented in both the original series and the reboot, I don't see this as a mass market variant of the game.
Why not? If there can be Golden Girls Clue, BBC Sherlock Clue, Big Bang Theory Clue, The Office Clue, and Harry Potter Clue; there can be original Magnum clue. Plus if original MacGyver Escape Room can succeed, so can MPI Clue!

Also, I agree that Robin should be Mr. Body. :magnum:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#20 Post by Styles Bitchley »

eagle wrote:I LOVE THIS.

That is so cool. I just have to say again how much I love this idea. Everyone throw out as many ideas as possible for people, locations and weapons and I'll put together a poll to see which ones are most popular.

Other characters
- Keoki
- Doc Ibold
- Mac
- Icepick
- Maggie
- Michelle

Other weapons
- Tommytronic Pac Man
- Magnum's mustache (okay, it has to appear somehow!)
- TC's suspenders

Other locations
- King Kamehameha Club (assuming we could suspend belief and have a broader geography as a setting)
- Honolulu Lulu's
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by eagle »

My friend directed me to "The Game Crafter."

On their getting started page, they mention that they can't print anything copyrighted, even for an individual, including names and such. I don't think we're looking at anything that would qualify as that, if we just call it "Clue: Magnum Edition" or something like that -- "magnum" is a generic word.

I haven't had time to look much into how to get started, but if we can get a board designed, that would be our creation and not something copyrighted and thereby ineligible for printing.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by nha trang »

Any news on this idea? A themed Monopoly game would be nice as well!

Then the player tokens could be 308gt, vanagan or 500-d, rick's benz or kkc yacht, audi etc

Or even a online version that Mag Maniacs could play online?

:magnum:

Nha Trang

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Hi everyone !

A really good idea, but the choice of the game main "model/system" is not easy or obvious. Why only a Clue or Monopoly model ?

Let's be far more ambitious ! :P why not a whole investigation/semi directive RPG game such as "Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective" ? With cards support to simulate luck/bad luck, randomized events, results of inquiries/interrogations, clues gathered, trails identified and, of course, the unavoidable "intuition little voice" ?

https://www.spacecowboys.fr/sherlock-ho ... gdetective

Why not having a giant poster/map of Oahu as an investigation location area ?

Yes, adopting the main characters as the player's avatar/spawn (featured each with special abilities) is a really good idea.

Edit (sorry… :? )In another hand, you might found the idea a bit too presumptuous ! :wink:
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."