Question regarding King Kamehameha 44 tank top

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

Question regarding King Kamehameha 44 tank top

#1 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

Hi Guys,

Haven't been on the forum in forever; hope you all are doing well!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out regarding the #44 tank top that is available at:

https://magnum.logosoftwear.com/

Does anyone know the difference between King Kamehameha and King Kamehameha #2? They look the same to me but I must be missing something!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mahalo!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Question regarding King Kamehameha 44 tank top

#2 Post by Pahonu »

Sebastian Sabre wrote:Hi Guys,

Haven't been on the forum in forever; hope you all are doing well!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out regarding the #44 tank top that is available at:

https://magnum.logosoftwear.com/

Does anyone know the difference between King Kamehameha and King Kamehameha #2? They look the same to me but I must be missing something!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mahalo!
Sorry, don’t know the answer, but I just watched From Moscow to Maui and the tank looked royal blue not navy in the final scene with the coffins in the truck. I never noticed that before.

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#3 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

Thanks for the reply!

I just saw that one yesterday too! Awesome that the Hallmark Channel has been running the entire series in order; they just keep playing it over and over these past few months!

I emailed the company that sponsors the page for his shirts as there was no direct contact for him on there. They in turn reached out to him and told me one is dark navy and one is royal blue. Can't tell which is which because the pics are the same. When I hear more info I will post it on here.

Pahonu

#4 Post by Pahonu »

Sebastian Sabre wrote:Thanks for the reply!

I just saw that one yesterday too! Awesome that the Hallmark Channel has been running the entire series in order; they just keep playing it over and over these past few months!

I emailed the company that sponsors the page for his shirts as there was no direct contact for him on there. They in turn reached out to him and told me one is dark navy and one is royal blue. Can't tell which is which because the pics are the same. When I hear more info I will post it on here.
There’s your answer then. :D

You could get both! Good luck.

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

Hi Guys,

The site has been updated with the correct picture; the first one is now clearly royal blue!

Pahonu

#6 Post by Pahonu »

Mad Buck Gibson has Magnum wearing the royal tank KKC top. I mostly seem to remember the navy one, but am now noticing the royal one more.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by only looking »

They look really nice, not to be someone who is nitpicking the design, but shouldn't the actual logo OR King Kamehameha head be actually larger to be more like what was seen on screen?
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Pahonu

#8 Post by Pahonu »

only looking wrote:They look really nice, not to be someone who is nitpicking the design, but shouldn't the actual logo OR King Kamehameha head be actually larger to be more like what was seen on screen?
Somehow, the black tank at the top does seem to have a larger logo than the two blue ones. Maybe they look different because they’re shown flat not worn by someone?

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by only looking »

Pahonu wrote:
only looking wrote:They look really nice, not to be someone who is nitpicking the design, but shouldn't the actual logo OR King Kamehameha head be actually larger to be more like what was seen on screen?
Somehow, the black tank at the top does seem to have a larger logo than the two blue ones. Maybe they look different because they’re shown flat not worn by someone?
Interesting, never did think about that but you are absolutely right in the photo of the Black Point it does appear to be larger. Has anyone actually purchased the navy blue or the royal blue tank tops?

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#10 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

I ordered each one and will post pics and comments when they arrive. Pandemic boredom has me collecting all of his shirts!

Anyone else find the old shows a sanity-saver during these times???

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by only looking »

Sebastian Sabre wrote:I ordered each one and will post pics and comments when they arrive. Pandemic boredom has me collecting all of his shirts!

Anyone else find the old shows a sanity-saver during these times???
100% agree with you and cannot wait for the review.

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#12 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

I noticed today (I think it was "Computer Date") that the tiny logo on the left front of Magnum's Royal Blue tank is "USA" with three small olympic-like rings below it. Been wondering what that was forever!

I'm not one to be not-picky either (although I understand why some are) - Selleck's royal blue has a faded logo and the number 44 is actually the same color as the shirt. This is the only tank I've been able to find so I'm sure it will suit me just fine.

I also always thought it was dark navy. I think I mostly remembered it from the credits at one point when he's paddling the surf ski. Must have been a later season as that one does appear to be dark navy.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by only looking »

Trust me I've always wondered what those three Olympic rings where is well I looked for and why didn't you just never come up with anything logo wise. As far as the King Kamehameha 44 shirt. We've actually concluded there are actually two different shirts.. one is a dark navy blue and the other one is a royal blue. Just like when he wears the red and white Al's muffler shop hat there are at least two different versions of that as well and at least three different 1911's used LOL of course back then it was just us TV series no one would have ever thought that us hardcore fans would have the ability to stop Freeze Frame and zoom in on stuff LOL

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#14 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

I know isn't it funny? I can't get over how many times I've watched them all! I still find something new to mull over!