BAMF Style article on Magnum

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

BAMF Style article on Magnum

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I sort of buried this link in the thread I started on Magnum's shirts, but I thought it was worthy of its own topic so people had a chance to read it.

It focuses quite a bit on the Green Star Orchid aloha shirt, but covers other wardrobe territory as well. I really don't know anything about the website, but the author seems to dig into movies and TV shows to celebrate how popular leading men were dressed.

Anyway, definitely worth a read.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: BAMF Style article on Magnum

#2 Post by K Hale »

Outstanding research! Extremely impressive.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

NotthatRick
Admiral

#3 Post by NotthatRick »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I sort of buried this link in the thread I started on Magnum's shirts, but I thought it was worthy of its own topic so people had a chance to read it.

It focuses quite a bit on the Green Star Orchid aloha shirt, but covers other wardrobe territory as well. I really don't know anything about the website, but the author seems to dig into movies and TV shows to celebrate how popular leading men were dressed.

Yes indeed. Definitely worth a read. Thanks!

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Mr. Keoki »

I have a new found appreciate for the Green Star Orchid now.

I own the red and black birds of paradise shirts. Damn things wrinkle soo hard though. haha. :magnum:
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I sort of buried this link in the thread I started on Magnum's shirts, but I thought it was worthy of its own topic so people had a chance to read it.

Styles,
Just what does BAMF mean? Either the author is up himself and assumes we must know some acronym he made up, or I am just not up on the latest slang.
Good find on your part, regardless.

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#6 Post by ☨magnum.t »

BAMF is a acronym for a term that means well uhhh hhmm its like three words uhhh ok so its Bad A** Mother F*****....... yep, thats what it means.
That reminds me of the time....

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

☨magnum.t wrote:BAMF is a acronym for a term that means well uhhh hhmm its like three words uhhh ok so its Bad A** Mother F*****....... yep, thats what it means.
tMagnum.t,
Well I'll be focked.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by terryfromkerry »

I am shocked and chagrined :shock: :lol:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

☨magnum.t wrote:BAMF is a acronym for a term that means well uhhh hhmm its like three words uhhh ok so its Bad A** Mother F*****....... yep, thats what it means.
Didn’t know that. Thanks!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Styles Bitchley,
When the blog author uses BAMF, the inference is that he is such a stone tough guy himself that he is empowered to determine if Selleck/Magnum
rates the BAMF grade. I am embarrassed for people who revel in that macho crap - "look at me, I use the F word".
I liked what the blogger wrote otherwise. Not that I don't curse like a sailor at times, but the BAMF is kids stuff.

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#11 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:
Styles Bitchley,
When the blog author uses BAMF, the inference is that he is such a stone tough guy himself that he is empowered to determine if Selleck/Magnum
rates the BAMF grade. I am embarrassed for people who revel in that macho crap - "look at me, I use the F word".
I liked what the blogger wrote otherwise. Not that I don't curse like a sailor at times, but the BAMF is kids stuff.
I concur, I always think of the wallet scene in Pulp Fiction when someone says that.
That reminds me of the time....