The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#2581 Post by K Hale »

Video posted on Facebook indicates that work crews are back, and are clearing the land and digging up the house foundation.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Old Düsseldorf
Lieutenant

#2582 Post by Old Düsseldorf »

Regarding the recent back and forth about scenes of/in the interior of the real Pahonu, as soon as I get a chance I am going to copy some of the good screen shots folks provided and use them to kick-start a new thread dedicated to documenting that topic.

Hopefully it will be something that the knowledgeable folks here will want to contribute to as an easy consolidated reference. I know it is somewhat duplicative with the current thread, but amidst the 1000's of other posts that information is not easily found here.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2583 Post by Pahonu »

Old Düsseldorf wrote:Regarding the recent back and forth about scenes of/in the interior of the real Pahonu, as soon as I get a chance I am going to copy some of the good screen shots folks provided and use them to kick-start a new thread dedicated to documenting that topic.

Hopefully it will be something that the knowledgeable folks here will want to contribute to as an easy consolidated reference. I know it is somewhat duplicative with the current thread, but amidst the 1000's of other posts that information is not easily found here.
Good idea. I’m in.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#2584 Post by ENSHealy »

Old Düsseldorf wrote:Regarding the recent back and forth about scenes of/in the interior of the real Pahonu, as soon as I get a chance I am going to copy some of the good screen shots folks provided and use them to kick-start a new thread dedicated to documenting that topic.

Here's a list of Hawaii 50 episodes that featured the estate, most of the inside looks will come from those. (I can't take credit for the list, I just compiled it from references other contributors here made.)

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

JosipCro
Captain

#2585 Post by JosipCro »

robicurp wrote:Welcome JosipCro!.
I'm also new to the MMForum. I'm saving for a trip to Oahu in August 2020. I'm definitely going to swim in the Turtle pond of Robin's Nest. It was terribly sad to see the house demolished. I was surprised at how strongly it affected me. The last time I visited Oahu was back in 1984. well before the internet or google maps. I drove all over the island searching for Robin's nest but never found it. I now know I drove right by it without even realizing.
I'm definitely taking the Island Hopper flight in the replica TC helicopter.
Still sad looking at the pictures of the estate as it is today. I guess 35 years of time passing takes its toll. Maybe the new owner, Mr. Nesbit, will build something appropriate in its place, though I don't know what that would be.
I'll have to watch a few episodes of MPI on DVD to cheer myself up again.

Hello!

Sorry about my absence for a while.

In my opinion, no building can restore old Robins Nest.

If you are going to visit this holy place, I would ask to take lots of photos for me, all that is left

JosipCro
Captain

#2586 Post by JosipCro »

But I got the opportunity to share a couple of videos of the current appearance of Robins Nest , very sad ...

You can look at the link:

https://www.facebook.com/wfeuquay/video ... ater&ifg=1

Thanks Wesly Feuquay

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2587 Post by Steve »

JosipCro wrote:But I got the opportunity to share a couple of videos of the current appearance of Robins Nest , very sad ...

Thanks Wesly Feuquay
They should just flatten the entire property and make it a park....How sad to see but thanks for posting.....

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#2588 Post by ENSHealy »

JosipCro wrote:But I got the opportunity to share a couple of videos of the current appearance of Robins Nest , very sad ...

Thanks Wesly Feuquay
So they actually dug up the foundation/basement as well? I know the speculation here was that those would be retained to get around modern setback limitations, i.e. building codes would never allow a dwelling so close to the water these days.

Let's hope they at least maintain the property as one parcel, and don't subdivide.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

JosipCro
Captain

#2589 Post by JosipCro »

Looking at these photos, if I understood correctly, did anyone try to renovate the interior of the house?

Or is it the great power of Photoshop :?: :?:

https://islandluxuryphotography.com/gal ... derson.php#

Pahonu

#2590 Post by Pahonu »

JosipCro wrote:Looking at these photos, if I understood correctly, did anyone try to renovate the interior of the house?

Unfortunately only photoshop.

Pahonu

#2591 Post by Pahonu »

JosipCro wrote:Looking at these photos, if I understood correctly, did anyone try to renovate the interior of the house?

I would like to thank you JosipCro. The link you posted has a few shots of the estate I’ve not seen posted here before. Most of them were used in the real estate ads when it was listed but some are new to me. I have been keeping a file of rare and unusual views of the estate for several years. Thanks again!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2592 Post by KENJI »

Pahonu wrote:

I would like to thank you JosipCro. The link you posted has a few shots of the estate I’ve not seen posted here before. Most of them were used in the real estate ads when it was listed but some are new to me. I have been keeping a file of rare and unusual views of the estate for several years. Thanks again!
I second that!

Love the pic of the compass rose on the bar floor, great to see the other side of the boat house too!
I just wish the old girl was still standing!!!

JosipCro
Captain

#2593 Post by JosipCro »

That building was something beautiful. Very great location, and very well spaced yard with greenery and water very close by.

Also, he would love if it was possible for someone living in Hawaii to take some photos of guest houses and driveways off the road.

And what or who to ask for photos from inside those houses :?: :?:

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#2594 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Pahonu wrote: I would like to thank you JosipCro. The link you posted has a few shots of the estate I’ve not seen posted here before. Most of them were used in the real estate ads when it was listed but some are new to me. I have been keeping a file of rare and unusual views of the estate for several years. Thanks again!
Ditto and immediately saved the pics for eternity!

robicurp
Lieutenant Commander

#2595 Post by robicurp »

JosipCro wrote:
robicurp wrote:Welcome JosipCro!.
I'm also new to the MMForum. I'm saving for a trip to Oahu in August 2020. I'm definitely going to swim in the Turtle pond of Robin's Nest. It was terribly sad to see the house demolished. I was surprised at how strongly it affected me. The last time I visited Oahu was back in 1984. well before the internet or google maps. I drove all over the island searching for Robin's nest but never found it. I now know I drove right by it without even realizing.
I'm definitely taking the Island Hopper flight in the replica TC helicopter.
Still sad looking at the pictures of the estate as it is today. I guess 35 years of time passing takes its toll. Maybe the new owner, Mr. Nesbit, will build something appropriate in its place, though I don't know what that would be.
I'll have to watch a few episodes of MPI on DVD to cheer myself up again.

Hello!

Sorry about my absence for a while.

In my opinion, no building can restore old Robins Nest.

If you are going to visit this holy place, I would ask to take lots of photos for me, all that is left

I will definitely take lots of pictures and post them here.