Kudu Buck!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Kudu Buck!!

#1 Post by ENSHealy »

I was on vacation last week in Michigan and we stopped at the Northwoods Wholesale Outlet in Pinconning, Michigan. And look what was on the wall!!

Including the last photo just so show I was representing with the WWMD shirt at the time.

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Kudu Buck!!

#2 Post by 308GUY »

:lol: LOVE IT! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by K Hale »

"Great twisted antlers" indeed!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by erock308 »

ENSHealy wrote:I was on vacation last week in Michigan and we stopped at the Northwoods Wholesale Outlet in Pinconning, Michigan. And look what was on the wall!!

Including the last photo just so show I was representing with the WWMD shirt at the time.

Love the Shirt ENSHealy... that's one of my designs from my online zazzle store :-)
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by ENSHealy »

erock308 wrote:Love the Shirt ENSHealy... that's one of my designs from my online zazzle store :-)
Did zazzle make you take it down? I went back to order another one and the listing was gone. Let me know if there's a way to still get some. I was thinking of a multi-color 7-day supply!
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

ENSHealy wrote:I was on vacation last week in Michigan and we stopped at the Northwoods Wholesale Outlet in Pinconning, Michigan. And look what was on the wall!!

I wonder if Higgins was referring to the greater or lesser kudu? Where did he say he saw them? The lesser kudu's range is much smaller in just eastern Africa and they are near-endangered. The greater kudu ranges into southern Africa and they are not threatened.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by K Hale »

He said “The Zambezi in the African plain.” He also described them as large so I would guess he meant the greater kudu. Higgins would never hunt an endangered species; look how worked up he got over the trisected Paolo worm!
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#8 Post by Pahonu »

K Hale wrote:He said “The Zambezi in the African plain.” He also described them as large so I would guess he meant the greater kudu. Higgins would never hunt an endangered species; look how worked up he got over the trisected Paolo worm!
You answered it right there! :D The Zambezi River basin is in Africa south of the Congo, beyond the lesser kudu's range which is around Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Somalia. I would suspect it wasn't as threatened 75 years ago as well. It's not yet on the list of endangered species, but classified as near-threatened. It's a range of classifications:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endangere ... ucn3.1.svg

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#9 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

There were a few seasons where Selleck had that Sasquatch’s hairstyle.
Faith and Begorrah!

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by erock308 »

ENSHealy wrote:
erock308 wrote:Love the Shirt ENSHealy... that's one of my designs from my online zazzle store :-)
Did zazzle make you take it down? I went back to order another one and the listing was gone. Let me know if there's a way to still get some. I was thinking of a multi-color 7-day supply!

** Get them while they are Hot! https://www.zazzle.com/wwmd_what_would_ ... 5910875917
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by ENSHealy »

Turns out I have a closer connection to the Greater Kudu than I knew! I was visiting my parents and they got out this book about my great uncle Leo. He was a safari hunter, and guess what he shot once? It would have been fun to get him & Higgins together to trade Kudu stories over a fine French cognac and a Canary Island cigar.

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ENSHealy »

I needed to explain a kudu buck reference to a guy at work (he had a little screaming goat figurine ( https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Scre ... 0762459810) on his desk and I asked him if it made the unmistakable cry of the kudu buck calling to its doe) so I put this video together:

https://vimeo.com/313939297

Enjoy.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi ENSHealy,

I enjoyed that ! :lol: Nice job on the editing by the way.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by K Hale »

Coincidentally, since this thread has suddenly become active again, I just happened to see a video on Facebook of a kudu buck attacking the hell out of a giraffe in some zoo. Turns out the giraffe had only minor injuries but I am here to tell you it looked like it was killing him. Really scary. Horns right into the gut and would not let up. Knocked the giraffe down several times. Those things are dangerous...
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Chris109 »