The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#2101 Post by Sam »

Hear hear Kenji..

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2102 Post by Pahonu »

Pahonu wrote:
ENSHealy wrote:
Pahonu wrote:From the outside of the house, the servant's dining room has the three windows under the balcony facing the driveway. The main kitchen would be the two windows further right along the driveway toward the garage. The kitchen and other service rooms are only one story with a terrace above.
Pahonu,

Great timing, I was just re-watching the pilot this morning and captured the three shots below. If I am reading your description correctly, we are seeing the servant's dining room and the main kitchen windows in these pics?

That's it! The window above the porch in the second photo is to the sewing room, I believe. The service stairs would be just to the right of the window, which is to the right of the porch doors below that lead to the zaguan.

Hey ENSHealy,

I meant to thank you for the screen caps.

Can you see what appears to be a table and chairs through those three windows, or is it my wishful thinking? The second one particularly. That would seem to confirm it as a dining room, if not certainly for servants.

Pahonu

#2103 Post by Pahonu »

It posted twice so I deleted the repeat.

Pahonu

#2104 Post by Pahonu »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
eagle wrote:
ENSHealy wrote:So where is that 2500 square foot basement that was supposedly there?
I'm glad I'm not the only one missing it.
Based on the floor plans from the county records, I'm guessing the entrance is probably right about here...

And remember there's a wine cellar too, according to what we learned from an article when it was for sale.

I think I know what we're looking at circled in red. Based on it's location, I think the black spot is the space under the main stairs, which was a closet. I think the elevator was just to the left of the red circle where the rubble is piled.

Pahonu

#2105 Post by Pahonu »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
eagle wrote: I'd love to see a correct 2D floorplan with not only the room labels, but also pictures from the sales listing. What a great idea!
Hi eagle! You've probably seen these in this thread? We copied them from a newpaper article that ran just after Pahonu sold. They got them from a sales brochure from Mary Worrall... in a news clip we could see Mary showing the brochure to a reporter. I know KENJI was trying to get his hands on an actual brochure that these photos came from but not sure if he was ever able to?

Hey RG,

I might send you some screen caps from my model that match some of these photos. Might be fun to compare. What do you say?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2106 Post by KENJI »

I agree with both of your comments there Pahonu....closet under the stairs is what we are seeing in the red circle and the elevator location would be under the left side of the rumble pile.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#2107 Post by MagnumILWU »

youtu.be/vo3hAxYv3Fk This may already be on here, but it's just so sad going through all the posts! Such a, kick in the gut, for all Magnum fans!
"pickled egg please"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2108 Post by J.J. Walters »

OMG! Ugh!! :(

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Diandra
Captain

#2109 Post by Diandra »

I hadn't seen this video. This is so sad!! I presume the boat house is gone too.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2110 Post by KENJI »

Diandra wrote:I hadn't seen this video. This is so sad!! I presume the boat house is gone too.
Hi Diandra,

So far no permit has been issued for it's execution, but it's probably in the worst shape out of all the structures on the estate so it might fall apart on its own. I think it does have a chance of avoiding the wrecking ball due to its close proximity to the ocean. There is no way they will be able to rebuild that close to the ocean with the current setbacks so they might try and save it. It's not a massive building so the price to patch it up wouldn't be that expensive when you factor in what has already been spent on this purchase....peanuts. Another thought, it might not match the style of the new place either so there could be a facelift in store too. Time will tell....fingers crossed it survives along with the gatehouse.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2111 Post by KENJI »

J.J. Walters wrote:OMG! Ugh!! :(

........or for some, more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTJhp9Rdw5g

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#2112 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Pahonu wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
eagle wrote: I'd love to see a correct 2D floorplan with not only the room labels, but also pictures from the sales listing. What a great idea!
Hi eagle! You've probably seen these in this thread? We copied them from a newpaper article that ran just after Pahonu sold. They got them from a sales brochure from Mary Worrall... in a news clip we could see Mary showing the brochure to a reporter. I know KENJI was trying to get his hands on an actual brochure that these photos came from but not sure if he was ever able to?

Hey RG,

I might send you some screen caps from my model that match some of these photos. Might be fun to compare. What do you say?
Sounds great, I'm sure folks would love to see where those pics belong. Until yesterday I was still unclear on three of them myself :D

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#2113 Post by MagnumILWU »

https://deanoinamerica.files.wordpress. ... l-tile.jpg Need help in posting this photos! When I look at these, it just about makes me want to cry!
"pickled egg please"

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#2114 Post by ENSHealy »

Pahonu wrote:Hey ENSHealy,

I meant to thank you for the screen caps.

Can you see what appears to be a table and chairs through those three windows, or is it my wishful thinking? The second one particularly. That would seem to confirm it as a dining room, if not certainly for servants.
I went back and grabbed a couple more pics. It could be a table, chairs and maybe a sideboard. But, it also could be a rocking chair and an upright piano. Unfortunately, it's just not clear enough to really tell.

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Diandra
Captain

#2115 Post by Diandra »

Well, at least my husband and I have a video that I took when we were at the tidal pool in 2012.
He recreated the opening scene of the first episode (well kind of) LOL.