Poor colour/contrast on DVDs

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

Re: Poor colour/contrast on DVDs

#16 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:I've been watching the Encore HD episodes on a Samsung UN55KS8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV. It is amazing. At times it feels like your standing in the scene. The Jack Lord Hawaii 5-O remastered in HD looks great also. It's like watching new shows all over again.
I'm jealous! All I ever got of Magnum here in Canada was on A&E and MeTV (back when it just KVOS) years ago, and they used the old syndicated prints. I am glad Magnum was shot on film back in the day and is capable now of looking this good. :)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#17 Post by ConchRepublican »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:I've been watching the Encore HD episodes on a Samsung UN55KS8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV. It is amazing. At times it feels like your standing in the scene. The Jack Lord Hawaii 5-O remastered in HD looks great also. It's like watching new shows all over again.
Jealous!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Magnum is starting from the pilot on Starz Encore today and DirecTV has the little HD logo next to the title. I don't subscribe to Starz so I don't know if it's actually in HD or not, but maybe somebody can let us know.

bjs
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#19 Post by bjs »

I'd also be curious if the audio has been improved, since the DVD audio and video are equally bad.