Pic of Coops beer 6 pack !!!!!!!!!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

Re: Pic of Coops beer 6 pack !!!!!!!!!!!

#46 Post by MaximRecoil »

308GUY wrote:That Coops label looks great!

Nice work to be sure.

Thanks for the info on the pistols...I'll keep what I've got for now, and watch for a good deal on a 9mm 1911 A1 "look-a-like" :lol:

Looking forward to your announcement of being ready to start squeegeeing! :magnum:
I ordered a quart of the International Coatings metallic copper plastisol earlier today. If pictures are any indication, it will be a good match. Here's a picture of the ink with a section of the original label superimposed on top of it:

I've never printed metallic ink before, but this stuff is supposed to work with a 110-mesh screen (recommended for 86 - 160 mesh screens), and International Coatings is a good company. It is supposed to be non-tarnishing too, which means the metallic particles are treated in a manner similar to automotive metallic paint. I won't use a whole quart of the stuff in my lifetime, but whatever.

I'll start a new thread when I print the first T-shirt and take a picture of it.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by 308GUY »

Ink looks like a very good match.

If you'd like to collect funds to help offset the cost of the ink/supplies, I'd be willing to pitch in if I can get a shirt out of it! 8)
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by MaximRecoil »

308GUY wrote:Ink looks like a very good match.

If you'd like to collect funds to help offset the cost of the ink/supplies, I'd be willing to pitch in if I can get a shirt out of it! 8)
Thanks. If you buy a shirt, that alone will be enough to offset the cost somewhat.

In another thread someone linked to these Magnum, P.I. T-shirts:

https://geekscrate.com/collections/magnum-p-i

Those are all over $20 each, and based on their description, they aren't even screen printed:
This is NOT your average cheaply made t-shirt! We only use top quality cotton t-shirts to use as a canvas for our millions of colors state-of-the-art printing process to ensure crisp, vibrant, downright impressive prints.
"Millions of colors state-of-the-art printing process"? In other words, they were printed on an inkjet printer (direct-to-garment [DTG]), and all they had to do was stick a shirt in the machine and click "print". Also, maybe today's DTG printers have improved, but I bought a DTG-printed T-shirt from Zazzle.com several years ago, before I started screen printing for myself, and it was horrible. Granted, it was a white-on-black print, which DTG printers have the hardest time with, but that's no excuse for fuzzy lines/edges. Here's a picture of it:

That was only washed and worn a few times, and it's already quite faded (the print was never particularly opaque to begin). The indistinct/fuzzy/hazy edges is the worst part.

By comparison, this is a white-on-black plastisol screen print I did, which has been washed and worn a similar number of times:

In any event, I'll charge $20 + shipping for a Coops T-shirt.
Last edited by MaximRecoil on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by 308GUY »

Sounds reasonable to me.

Just let us know when, where & how. :magnum:

Having screen printed literally thousands of shirts, I have a fair idea of what's a good quality print, and what isn't....yours look great! "It's all in the wrist".....yaknow!LOL :lol:

But seriously, when you are doing hundreds of shirts per order, running that squeegee can get old, and if you don't pay attention, you can get light or heavy on the preassure, which does change how the ink is transferred. Right preassure, and smooth passes, that's how ya' do it! :lol:

Do keep us informed. :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by KENJI »

WOW - Great work MaximRecoil!!!!!!
The bottle label looks spot on - mystery solved!
I'm sure you will sell quite a few shirts here.

Another mystery......
I was squinting at the pics Styles sent of the Coops can (not the bottle version) from an episode of Simon & Simon and it looks like there is some additional type above oop in Coops......that or my eyes are playing tricks on me. I know it's a different show, but it would still be interesting to know what it says. Can anyone make out the fine print on the can?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#51 Post by ConchRepublican »

This is a great thread . . . count me in for a t-shirt as well, if only for the investment for future research it's worth it! Plus, I'm an easy XL. :-)

Good work!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by MaximRecoil »

KENJI wrote:WOW - Great work MaximRecoil!!!!!!
The bottle label looks spot on - mystery solved!
I'm sure you will sell quite a few shirts here.

Another mystery......
I was squinting at the pics Styles sent of the Coops can (not the bottle version) from an episode of Simon & Simon and it looks like there is some additional type above oop in Coops......that or my eyes are playing tricks on me. I know it's a different show, but it would still be interesting to know what it says. Can anyone make out the fine print on the can?
Yeah, I noticed that too; I can't make out what it says, if it does indeed say something there. 1903bluepill would be able to say for sure. I don't know if he'll send me a picture of that part of the can or not.

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by MaximRecoil »

Anyone who wants a Coops T-shirt when/if they get printed, please send me a PM to let me know (if you have already mentioned in this thread that you want one, please send me a PM anyway so I can have everything in one place), and let me know what size you want. I only have size XL onhand, but I may order some more blank T-shirts. As I mentioned in my previous post, the price will be $20 + shipping.

1903bluepill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#54 Post by 1903bluepill »

Good job reproducing the image.
What is good for print on a can or bottle may not look good on a flat surface.
Nicely compacted..
Now..for the label on the backside..

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#55 Post by Styles Bitchley »

1903bluepill wrote:Good job reproducing the image.
What is good for print on a can or bottle may not look good on a flat surface.
Nicely compacted..
Now..for the label on the backside..
There's a backside label?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

1903bluepill
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#56 Post by 1903bluepill »

No, just yanking whoevers leg that might have picked up on that. :D
Same label on the reverse.

Although it would be cool if there were a different rear label, that that would be on the back of the shirt.....

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by MaximRecoil »

1903bluepill wrote:No, just yanking whoevers leg that might have picked up on that. :D

Although it would be cool if there were a different rear label, that that would be on the back of the shirt.....
That would be cool, but it would also be twice the job, i.e., two vector files, two film positives, two screens, two times positioning the shirt on the platen, two trips to the oven for curing, and twice the cleanup.

I'd still like to know if there's any writing above the "Coops" script. I've been looking at scenes from Magnum, P.I., and in some cases it looks like there's nothing there and in other cases it looks like there might be something there. If there's anything there, it must be rather small print.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by KENJI »

MaximRecoil wrote:
1903bluepill wrote:No, just yanking whoevers leg that might have picked up on that. :D

That would be cool, but it would also be twice the job, i.e., two vector files, two film positives, two screens, two times positioning the shirt on the platen, two trips to the oven for curing, and twice the cleanup.

I'd still like to know if there's any writing above the "Coops" script. I've been looking at scenes from Magnum, P.I., and in some cases it looks like there's nothing there and in other cases it looks like there might be something there. If there's anything there, it must be rather small print.
Hi 1903bluepill,

Any chance you can tell us what the small script says above the Coops script.....my eyes have almost failed squinting at that label....there is something there...just can't make it out.
Also, I know you've been struggling with posting the images, maybe send them to MaximRecoil via his private email (not connected to this site....assuming that is ok with him) which makes posting images super easy OR if you prefer send them to Doc using the outside MM contact info.. It would be great to solve this mystery and save what's left of my eyesight. 8)

Many thanks,

Kenji

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by only looking »

I know this is an old thread but was curious with today's technology and considering people may have a little more time on their hands than usual, has anyone thought about or want to make reproduction labels for the long neck bottles of the coops beer... including the gold ring around the neck. Would be nice to have a few bottles to slap over The Coors bottles and have them sitting around
It made me do it Higgins!!!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by K Hale »

Way back in this thread, someone mentions never seeing a bottle of old Düsseldorf. I was watching “Innocence... A Broad” the other night, and in the scene where Magnum and Rita are in the bar looking for Chester Bixby, Magnum orders Old Düsseldorf in a longneck. The bartender brings it to him at 22:32 and we get a brief partial glimpse of the label on it.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!