Did Obamas Purchase Magnum PI House?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

John.1962
Commander

Did Obamas Purchase Magnum PI House?

#1 Post by John.1962 »

This morning on the Today Show there was a short piece on the Anderson Estate being sold to "allies of the Obamas" and speculation that they might eventually relocate there.

Here is the link:

http://www.today.com/video/today/57144790#57144790

Video360
Ensign

Re: Did Obamas Purchase Magnum PI House?

#2 Post by Video360 »

Robin's Nest has officially sold, but not to the Obamas. It went for $8.7 million to a close friend of President Obama, Marty Nesbitt.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/tel ... 146564.php

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#3 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

The estate was purchased by Marty Nesbitt without any partners or co-investors. Nesbitt is a Chicago businessman who served as treasurer for President Obama's first presidential run. He is currently the chairman of the Barack Obama Foundation, which will build the president's future library. The property is next to the town of Kailua where the Obama family has spent the winter holidays in recent years. The Obamas purchased land in a similar way close to the University of Chicago many years ago. Sadly, and all politics aside, it will be the end of public access to the beach and turtle pond if they end up owning/using it. That I find unacceptable.
Faith and Begorrah!

MagnumsGMTMaster
Commander

#4 Post by MagnumsGMTMaster »

Will this be the location of the future Obama presidential library?

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#5 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

It's only three acres. That's not even big enough for the parking lot.
Faith and Begorrah!

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by Majordomo »

Guess I need to plan a visit pretty soon if I ever want to see Robin's Nest in person.
"Don't hand me that wretched understatement. I was bloody marvelous."

Lindsay Writer
Commander

#7 Post by Lindsay Writer »

The estate?! He wagered the estate on a poker game?! Why? Why would he do such a thing?

Oh come on Higgins it'll be fun having Obama living here. Much more fun than Buzz Benoit.

No Magnum I can't and won't allow this. You must sabotage this transaction immediately.

How? How can I sabotage a deal that's already done? Robin obviously likes Obama.

You will think of a way or both of us will be evicted then you will be homeless once again.

Gee Higgins that would be terrible but I don't think Robin would ever do that to me. Or you.

Mr. Masters might not but Obama surely will. His Secret Service won't want you living here.

But I'm the estate security expert don't you think they would want my years of experience?

(Higgins Laughs and walks away. Magnum looks into camera and realizes: he's in trouble.)
Last edited by Lindsay Writer on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fat Jack
Captain

#8 Post by Fat Jack »

MagnumsGMTMaster wrote:Will this be the location of the future Obama presidential library?
I was thinking that since Nesbitt has apparently purchased Pahonu, this may be a sign that Hawaii will win the bid, and maybe Nesbitt will be overseeing the project from his new home at Pahonu :D