KICKSTARTER for Robin's Nest?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

sascha2000
Lieutenant

Re: KICKSTARTER for Robin's Nest?

#31 Post by sascha2000 »

>A "real" buyer is going to get information about the house, possibly access to it.

They got my first and my familiy name and my E-Mail. Is this enough to find it out? Is there a code I have to use?

> If Eve truly has no intention of granting that sort of access, it is highly unlikely that she will ever receive an offer.

Maybe thats her intention? What ever reason she has...... sometimes things can be strange ....

In my opinion a seller has to reply on requests, if the same was friendly and respectable written. I think I am able enough to, despite I am not a native english speaker.

I have had already conversations like that in the past where higher amounts of money had to be shifted. (that was for the business of a friend but I used my private E-Mail, so more or less same situation) I always got a reply and if not positive it was at least something like "Sorry we are not interrested." or "Please give us more information".

So if we try to kickstart it or if we found a non profit organization to collect the money, whe should know if it is really for sale or if they are just kidding.

I see a realistic chance to collect the money. One of my colleagues said, if there are 1 000 000 fans world wide and you can convince everyone to give 10$ ........ and really I think there are more fans, maybe they are sleepers and currently in background .....

midnightx
Commander

#32 Post by midnightx »

sascha2000 wrote:>A "real" buyer is going to get information about the house, possibly access to it.

They got my first and my familiy name and my E-Mail. Is this enough to find it out? Is there a code I have to use?

> If Eve truly has no intention of granting that sort of access, it is highly unlikely that she will ever receive an offer.

Maybe thats her intention? What ever reason she has...... sometimes things can be strange ....

In my opinion a seller has to reply on requests, if the same was friendly and respectable written. I think I am able enough to, despite I am not a native english speaker.

I have had already conversations like that in the past where higher amounts of money had to be shifted. (that was for the business of a friend but I used my private E-Mail, so more or less same situation) I always got a reply and if not positive it was at least something like "Sorry we are not interrested." or "Please give us more information".

So if we try to kickstart it or if we found a non profit organization to collect the money, whe should know if it is really for sale or if they are just kidding.

I see a realistic chance to collect the money. One of my colleagues said, if there are 1 000 000 fans world wide and you can convince everyone to give 10$ ........ and really I think there are more fans, maybe they are sleepers and currently in background .....
Sorry, but providing your name and email is not enough. That does not make you a "real" buyer. Clearly the agents are going to put prospective buyers through a vetting process. You will likely have to show evidence that you have the financial ability to buy the property before you get access to it. Perhaps it would help if you were actually represented by a real estate agent/broker who was representing your interests. Sending a personal email is not going to get it done.

sascha2000
Lieutenant

#33 Post by sascha2000 »

Ok, thank you for the hints. So lets work on the 10 Billion $.

I totally agree, that crowdfunding won't be helpful, cause all top projects resulted in something, that can be used "at home".
Robins Nest is something different.

I suggest (really I cannot write here everything I have in mind):

* We found a non profit association.
* We'll try to contact celebrities to join.
* We collect money on homepages with those donate buttons.
* Everybody can become a member of the assoc. for 1$ per month.
* There will be a board of 3 persons (perhaps more?) who track especially the bank account.
* the board is voted by all members once a year.
* There will be a constitution which consists goals, rules etc. It'll define purpose, pay back and many more
* There will be a bank account. Money transfers are only possible if all 3 (if there are more, if 70%) agree.
* Money transfers are only allowed if they are inline with the constitution. In some cases 70% of all members have to agree.
* Everybody who becomes a member will have easy access to the property and cheaper stays in the hotel. (advantages for members will be defined later)
* The assoc. will become the owner of the property and administrate it. They may employ persons for the same.
* The assoc. has to provide a plan B in the constitution, if the property got sold to someone else. (pay back/ buy another place of the set/ do something else)

SUPPORTERS NEEDED:
================

--> I can of course found such an assoc. ine Europe. I can open an European bank account too. But really, I think this should be done in USA, cause I expect more popularity there.
--> I need native speakers to support the development of the constitution and to fix my errors concenring vocabulary and grammar.
--> I need some persons living in USA, who generally support this issue. Who wants to become member of the board (if voted) and support the founding procedure of the assoc.

So if anyone wants to support please write it here in the forum or send me a PM/PN.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#34 Post by J.J. Walters »

I can chip in about $5, some beer, and a 1996 PC (it still works) for administrative tasks.

"Keeping the Dream Alive"!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

sascha2000
Lieutenant

#35 Post by sascha2000 »

Hello JJ,

your 5$ are very welcome as soon as we have a bank account and a working assoc. Thank you in advance!

This project already has donators, so money for a simple but up-to date IT infrastructure is present, despite I like old computers .....

... And maybe you could place the donate button on you homepage, when we are ready?

Best Regards
Sascha