If you could have the ultimate MPI collectable...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

IslandHopper wrote:4. The photo of Higgins and General Montgomery from WWII;
Somehow I've missed this. Is this in the study? :oops:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#17 Post by IslandHopper »

James J. Walters wrote:
IslandHopper wrote:4. The photo of Higgins and General Montgomery from WWII;
Somehow I've missed this. Is this in the study? :oops:
Yes, Higgins places the photo on his desk for his Sandhurst mates to see in "Compulsion" (season 5). Higgins turns the photo of he and General Montogmery toward the door of the study for all to see. In response to Higgins' question of whether you can see the photo from the door, Agatha says something like "they'll be able to tell it's you and General Montgomery."
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Steve »

foggydayz wrote:i wasn't sure where to ask this, so i will here

what do you think the market value of the estate would be? and how much of a premium (presuming it would add a premium) would the show have added to it?
There was a discussion about the value on the Yahoo site last spring. This was the most accurate figure someone named Jason came up with from Zillow, which I am guessing is a device for realtors.....
(copied and pasted below)

Zillow gives it an estimate of 5,458,615.

41-505 Kalanianaole Hwy, Waimanalo, HI 96795 11 beds, 8.5 baths, 8,921 sq ft

ZESTIMATE™: $5,458,615

Value Range: $4,858,167 - $6,604,924

30-day change: -$55,624 Last updated: 04/08/2007

It also says it was built in 1933!! I had no idea the structures were so old, they sure don’t look it.

-Justin

Now all I have to do is win the lottery, have a long lost rich relative die and will me the money OR, have a super rich actress/supermodel fall in love with me and give me the money to keep me happy as her "love toy".

Steve
Chicago

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#19 Post by N1095A »

Steve wrote:
foggydayz wrote:i wasn't sure where to ask this, so i will here

what do you think the market value of the estate would be? and how much of a premium (presuming it would add a premium) would the show have added to it?
There was a discussion about the value on the Yahoo site last spring. This was the most accurate figure someone named Jason came up with from Zillow, which I am guessing is a device for realtors.....
(copied and pasted below)

Zillow gives it an estimate of 5,458,615.

41-505 Kalanianaole Hwy, Waimanalo, HI 96795 11 beds, 8.5 baths, 8,921 sq ft

ZESTIMATE™: $5,458,615

Value Range: $4,858,167 - $6,604,924

30-day change: -$55,624 Last updated: 04/08/2007

It also says it was built in 1933!! I had no idea the structures were so old, they sure don’t look it.

-Justin

Now all I have to do is win the lottery, have a long lost rich relative die and will me the money OR, have a super rich actress/supermodel fall in love with me and give me the money to keep me happy as her "love toy".

Steve
Chicago
I wonder what the land lease payment is. That's five acres of prime ocean front land and I'd bet the lease payment's HUGE.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

foggydayz
Commander

#20 Post by foggydayz »

thanks a lot for the answer steve. if all 163 magnum mania members pitch in ,it'd only be a little over 30k each,,,,peanuts :D ....i'll take my 2 days in march

i'm sure it'd work out just fine :wink:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Sam »

If you link here,put in 41002007 in the box marked TMK,you see all the info...

Sorry.that didn't work.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, I have my $30M! Now with 11 bedrooms and 8.5 baths, I bet more than one of us could stay there at a time. So I'd be willing to share my two days with another 8-10 persons. So if each of us officially buys only two days each, I bet we could share enough to at least have a week there, don't you think?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#23 Post by SelleckLover »

Sounds perfect to me golf! To spend a week with people that are just as obsessed with Magnum as I am....pure bliss!! LOL :D 30K?? A mere pittance to pay for an opportunity of a lifetime!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#24 Post by golfmobile »

SL,

Can you IMAGINE how much fun we all would have, dressing up in costume, and recreating SO many episodes??? A couple of people would just have to come as the apochryphal Hungarian acrobats though!

Still, trying to guess who was portraying whom . . . . what utter, complete fun for all of us!

But even without costumes, what joy to just wander the grounds, lounge in a hammock, play croquet and/or sit on the lanai with mai-tais and "Coops" long-neck bottled beer -- though we'd have to stay away from the beach and all the crass "tourists"! No! We'll charge minimal admission prices for tours -- to allow other fans in and only to finance the supplies we'll need (like food!).

Okay, where do we rent the Ferrari????

golf (who has WAY too much imagination!)
"Portside, buddy."

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#25 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Deleted
Last edited by Lt Tanaka on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Steve »

Just out of curiosity, I found the Zillow site and ran the address.
Here is the link;
http://tinyurl.com/2xvvxt
I went back to the thread on the Yahoo discussion board and David Romas pointed out that The Estate had been in the Anderson Family since the mid 1920's (Mr Romas is amazing) and hadn't changed hands for a true assessment. Even if you added another million to the price I think many Magnum fans would still love to buy it if they had the means but I sure would act dumb about being a fan of the show. You know a realtor would smell blood in the water if a true fan let on about Robins Nest......

Steve (saving up for my share of the group purchase)
Chicago

Mack
Commander

#27 Post by Mack »

Sign me up for 30K. I'll sell the wife's jewelry, that leaves 29.5K. Now where can I come up with the rest... I know, I'll strip for it. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. :oops:
Hana Hou!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#28 Post by Doc Ibold »

golfmobile wrote: -- though we'd have to stay away from the beach and all the crass "tourists"! No! We'll charge minimal admission prices for tours -- to allow other fans in and only to finance the supplies we'll need (like food!).

Okay, where do we rent the Ferrari????

golf (who has WAY too much imagination!)
No way, we'll just do beach recreation scenes!

Swimming in and Picking locks! (Pilot)
Shooting at rubber rafters in the middle of the night! (No Need To Know)

Crashing planes on it! (Two Birds of a Feather)
Taking pot shots at corrupt politicians! (Tran Quoc Jones)
Playing old school 80's style videogames and amassing 20,000 pts (Black on White).

Golf, the possibilites are ENDLESS! :lol:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Sam »

This is the info from the City of Honolulu. So I would say that Zillow is close.

Property Information
41002007:0000
41-505 KALANIANAOLE HWY
Building Value: 594,000
Building Exempt: 120,000
Land Value: 5,885,900
Land Exempt: 0
Land Classification: Improved Residential
Unit Number: 0
Acre: 0
Square Feet: 0

Magnum92
Captain

#30 Post by Magnum92 »

Definetly the estate! Then I would open it up free for Magnum Mania members and a small donation for anybody else, I would then save my money and buy the 308GTS! :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!