The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#931 Post by golfmobile »

Thanks for taking so much time and trying so hard.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#932 Post by Sam »

golfmobile wrote:Thanks for taking so much time and trying so hard.

golf
It still bugs me.I checked all 683 of RC's posts and couldn't find it,yet I know it's there..MAYBE :lol:
I found it from an episode of HFO.As you can see it's much closer to Black Point,it was located at 4369 Royal Place.

Last edited by Sam on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#933 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Thanks Bond. I remember that now. I'm not doubting your source, but it's really perplexing that several other people insist that it is something else: a WWII pillbox, a drain for water runoff, a boat moor, a commode.... Just kidding about the last one, but you get the idea. It's a real mystery! We need more confirmation. We need more evidence! :?

It seems like such overkill to put in a concrete container for lobsters... doesn't it? Wouldn't just a simple wooden lobster trap do? I mean, are the lobsters in Hawaii some kind of escape artists, or something? Are they super strong? A maximum security concrete prison... really??
I really don't have a dog in that fight - just repeating what I have been told and the guy seemed to be knowleadgable.
My concern with the lobster theory is more the small opening on the top. It's a bit too narrow to grab lobsters from the bottom of the cage - however the top seems to be above sealevel mostly all the time which may prevent the lobsters to escape from it.

A wooden cage may be problematic for the water movement and someone would have been forced to kind of dive to find and empty the cage. And I am not sure, if the turtles may have damaged the wooden cage to get access to yummy lobsters...

I think that the rainwater runoff theory has been put to rest for a very long time though.
Last edited by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimbosan
Captain

#934 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys....
Word on the beach is that the estate is only being sold as land only as there is no viewing of the inside of the house........
"Oh My God"

Kimbosan
Kimbosan

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#935 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Kimbosan wrote:Hi Guys....
Word on the beach is that the estate is only being sold as land only as there is no viewing of the inside of the house........
"Oh My God"

Kimbosan
Groan! I wonder if the home could qualify as a historical building. It certainly has significant Hawaiian history.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#936 Post by Sam »

Kimbosan wrote:Hi Guys....
"Oh My God"

Kimbosan
Hi Kimbosan,

I find that hard to believe.It's kinda hard to ignore the fact that there is a house and the listing gives you the info on the house.
As far as no photos of the house,a couple things come to mind,
They are doing the repair work to get it ready for showing and photos to follow.Or only qualified buys will have access to the photos.
Only the buyer will determine it's usage.

If it was being sold for land only and I'm the seller,I'd fire the real estate agent.The photos stink.

MagStache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#937 Post by MagStache »

I can't believe this entire estate would be sold just for the land, that is really sad to think some developer might buy this and tear down everything and subdivide it. hope it's not true :x
There can be no cash without the 'stache...

MagStache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#938 Post by MagStache »

Stelth wrote:I have nothing to add to this thread but I've got to say "MagStache" is an exceptional screen name. Well done!
thanks ! lol yeah it either that or maxstache, but like moustache seems too generic
There can be no cash without the 'stache...

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#939 Post by Lily »

When we were at the estate last week, there was no evidence of any sprucing up other than Mrs. A. cleaning up leaves and branches, so am sure there is no work being carried out within the house. Surely if any was done, it would have been completed prior to going on the market?

Just think the omission of house pictures, signifies an 'as is' sale and despite the beautiful location, it's still hugely overpriced.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#940 Post by Sisophous »

Lily wrote:

Just think the omission of house pictures, signifies an 'as is' sale and despite the beautiful location, it's still hugely overpriced.
I agree, it is overpriced but there is a saying in real estate, the three most important things when selling or purchasing a home are location, location and location. It wouldn't surprise me if someone with unlimited cash resources purchases the home, tears it down to the foundation and puts up a new one.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#941 Post by Lily »

Yes, sadly those are my thoughts. Know most people here are interested in the house and boathouse, but I would love to have seen inside of the gatehouse.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#942 Post by Sam »

Ramblings from an old man.

After the discussion from the other day,property value of the Kahala property versus the Anderson property,I did a little look see.Something I like to call "a little look see" :)

The LAND VALUE for the four adjacent properties to the right of the estate are valued at 122-130 dollars a square foot.

The four properties to the left,including the Shriners Club, are 124-142 dollars a square foot.

The three kahala properties are 207-230 dollars a square foot

The LAND VALUE for the Anderson property is a whopping 63 a square foot

What does this mean? I don't know..Is the Anderson property undervalued or the others overvalued?? Again,I don't know..

The interesting thing is...if you divide the Anderson square footage against the asking price..it's 120 square foot..
info from.....
http://www.city-data.com/honolulu-count ... way-9.html

Thoughts

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#943 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote:Ramblings from an old man.

After the discussion from the other day,property value of the Kahala property versus the Anderson property,I did a little look see.Something I like to call "a little look see" :)

The LAND VALUE for the four adjacent properties to the right of the estate are valued at 122-130 dollars a square foot.

The four properties to the left,including the Shriners Club, are 124-142 dollars a square foot.

The three kahala properties are 207-230 dollars a square foot

The LAND VALUE for the Anderson property is a whopping 63 a square foot

What does this mean? I don't know..Is the Anderson property undervalued or the others overvalued?? Again,I don't know..

The interesting thing is...if you divide the Anderson square footage against the asking price..it's 120 square foot..
info from.....
http://www.city-data.com/honolulu-count ... way-9.html

Thoughts
Interesting stuff, Sam. My first thought would be that square footage values do not always scale up directly. Very large properties often are on the market for many, many months or even years, sometimes, because the potential pool of buyers is dramatically smaller. That can be compounded if the property cannot be subdivided or is limited in subdivision. It's also interesting to note the 120 value is right in line with the neighbors on either side.

On a different note, I'm also quite surprised at the relative inexpense of the land considering its beachfront location. I live along the coast in Southern California and the costs you quote are quite low in comparison. In some locations here, including parts of Santa Monica, Malibu, Newport Beach and a few other places, the price per square foot for beachfront property including structures has surpassed $1000 per square foot, with the property itself being the majority of that cost. $120 sounds like a bargain compared to that.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#944 Post by Sam »

""""""On a different note, I'm also quite surprised at the relative inexpense of the land considering its beachfront location. I live along the coast in Southern California and the costs you quote are quite low in comparison. In some locations here, including parts of Santa Monica, Malibu, Newport Beach and a few other places, the price per square foot for beachfront property including structures has surpassed $1000 per square foot, with the property itself being the majority of that cost. $120 sounds like a bargain compared to that."""""

Hi Pahonu,

I believe the formula used to arrive at $1000 per square,in your example is just the square footage of the house divided into the price of the home..you're saying property and structures.
By that formula the Anderson place is $1424 per square.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#945 Post by Pahonu »

Gotcha. That makes way more sense.