The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#901 Post by Steve »

The Ferrari wouldn't even make it down the access road to the main house!!!! This is so extremely sad and I am very curious now about the backstory as to how the property became so rundown. Were the various production companies maintaining the grounds and exteriors during the golden years of the 70's and 80's and the good lady Anderson just didn't have the resources to mainatain it herself? I am very worried now that whomever buys it will tear it all down and divide it up.........Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#902 Post by Stelth »

I consider it gone already. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised to learn someone bought it and fixed it up to its former glory than shocked and saddened when it is razed and subdivided.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#903 Post by KENJI »

It would be interesting to know what Eve Anderson was paid per episode when they actually filmed at Pahonu.........Does anyone know or have an idea what the going rate was back then? I know they would've maintained the grounds during filming and fixed any damage they caused. I have a relative who had his house taken over for a week of filming and they came in and took loads of pictures so they knew where his stuff was located and then they moved it all out with a professional moving company. They were put up in a hotel which included a pet allowance to board their dog. When they were done, everything was put back exactly where it was before filming and scuffed walls were touched up with paint. They even tuned the piano they moved out. He said it was a fun experience, but still an inconvenience. In Pahonu's case filming was outside so Eve could remain living there, but it would still be an inconvenience with daily activities and then dealing with fan fallout during/after shooting would be a real hassle so I can see why she stopped. Having said that, it would be great if she allowed HFO to film there one last time.......Steve and Co. track down Wo Fat in an abandoned overgrown North Shore estate of a writer who passed away many years ago.....Robin Masters rings a bell.....it would make for a great location in its current state, but I do prefer it manicured.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#904 Post by J.J. Walters »

Master Robins wrote:Okay Guys I have a question to ask! I am working on the floor plan of Robins Nest (The fictional version not the real house plan that's up for sale now and I need confirmation from you guys that I have all of the rooms that Robin Masters has!

Here is the list of rooms in the main House that I have so far that I have actually seen on the show.

The Foyer
Higgins Study
The Living Room
The Dark Room
The Kitchen
The Loggia (where the eat outside)
The Wine Cellar (basement)
The Computer/Security Room (basement)
The Billiard/Snooker Room
The Dinning Room
The Library
Higgins Bedroom
Robins Bedroom
Guest Bedroom

If I am missing anything please let me know guys!
I would like to put together a floor plan blue print of the TV Robins nest.

Higgins B
Hello and welcome!

This is a great idea. I believe some people talked about doing this a couple of years ago, but nothing became of it. I for one would love to see this!

There is a laundry room somewhere. It was briefly seen in one episode. And a hot tub and sauna were mentioned a couple of times, but never seen.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#905 Post by Sam »

Not sure how you'd diagram them but off the top of my head I remember 5 different Guest Bedrooms.

The Aunt Who Came to Dinner

Summer School

Mr White Death

Faith and Begorrah

The Case of the Red Faced Thespian
Last edited by Sam on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#906 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Good to see the "concrete slab" again in all its glory! Has the mystery of this thing ever been solved? I can't remember what the verdict was (if there was any). :?
Here is what I found out when I was there 2 years ago:

"I have been asking one of the Park keepers from the picnic park 3 houses far down about the concrete slab.
He told me, that around WWII, they used that for keeping live lobsters when they had huge events going on at the estate.
He also told me, that the base is wider and had steel poles to function like a kind of prison for the lobsters.
I have been diving down, the water was only 0,8 meters deep and the concrete slab is deeper in the sand than I could dig.
But the man (who also knows Eve A.) sounded credible, he knows a lot about the history of this particular place and does everything without getting a single buck. "

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... &start=100

And here is a more detailled shot:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#907 Post by golfmobile »

I thought at one point we determined that it was designed for rainwater runoff:

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... off#p11544

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#908 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote:Not sure how you'd diagram them but off the top of my head I remember 5 different Guest Bedrooms.

The Aunt Who Came to Dinner

Summer School

Mr White Death

Faith and Begorrah

The Case of the Red Faced Thespian
The Summer School pic looks like the set for the guest house with different furniture. The door is on the left with the closet with bi-fold doors forward of it. Anybody else see that?

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#909 Post by Pahonu »

Now that I look closer, the first pic above looks like the entrance to the billiard room from the "spin the cat" episode and the room used in the Kona Winds episode. Recycled sets, perhaps?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#910 Post by Sam »

The Summer School pic looks like the set for the guest house with different furniture. The door is on the left with the closet with bi-fold doors forward of it. Anybody else see that?

I see that now,the doors match the guesthouse doors.They added a door in that episode.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#911 Post by Sam »

Pahonu,
This is the cap from Photo play.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#912 Post by golfmobile »

Sam,

I thought the same thing -- looks like Magnum's bedroom in the guesthouse, just with different furniture. So not a real bedroom from the actual interior of the main house but simply a "re-cyling" of the set for Magnum's bedroom.

JMO

golf
"Portside, buddy."

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#913 Post by No need to know! »

Well we all know about the winecellar and the guesthouse.

Onion´s extra?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#914 Post by Sam »

golfmobile wrote:Sam,

I thought the same thing -- looks like Magnum's bedroom in the guesthouse, just with different furniture. So not a real bedroom from the actual interior of the main house but simply a "re-cyling" of the set for Magnum's bedroom.

JMO

golf
Hi Golf.
I never noticed it until Pahonu mentioned it,I think you're both right.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#915 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:I am very worried now that whomever buys it will tear it all down and divide it up.........Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the crazy price tag assumes redevelopment. For someone spending that kind of cash, I don't think you're in the market for a fixer upper. I'm not sure if it is classified as a historical home - or what that entails in Hawaii. I assume that the classification would hurt the value of the place significantly. Sure, I'd love the place as it is. But to many, I'm sure it's just an old home in need of a complete renovation...not to mention the grounds.

On the issue of the slab, I thought at one point someone mentioned it being a bunker from WWII. I remember seeing photos of other similar looking structures around the coast.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.