The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lily
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#886 Post by Lily »

Passed by the estate yesterday and there is indeed a for sale sign posted at the property, so will forward a couple of pictures to you James, but it won’t be until after we get home at the end of March.

Nothing looks any different than when we were at the estate last year including any mega sprucing up for the sale. Sad to say, but would be seriously surprised if the place sold for anywhere near the asking price. The state of the boathouse and that terrible 'pipe' gate have always been an issue for me and I can’t believe that prior to the property going on the market, the boathouse wasn't given a decent coat of paint.

After the heavy rains we have had here, saw Mrs. Anderson out sweeping up branches by the boathouse, so perhaps there is no longer a gardener? As in other years when I have seen her, its extremely tempting to try and get her attention, but I just couldn't invade her privacy. Her two pug dogs came over to the fence and one obliged and had its picture taken....cute but no substitute for Zeus and Apollo!

As always, left the lovely beach feeling sad but also wondering just what mega changes might be coming the estates way.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#887 Post by KENJI »

Thanks Sam!

I agree!
I've seen this before and the reasons for not showing the house are either the house is in terrible condition and they are pushing land value more than anything (redevelop) and/or the owner is very private. Both reasons happen to be the case with Pahonu. There is one shot of the driveway where it really looks overgrown!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#888 Post by KENJI »

Lily wrote:Passed by the estate yesterday and there is indeed a for sale sign posted at the property, so will forward a couple of pictures to you James, but it won’t be until after we get home at the end of March.

Nothing looks any different than when we were at the estate last year including any mega sprucing up for the sale. Sad to say, but would be seriously surprised if the place sold for anywhere near the asking price. The state of the boathouse and that terrible 'pipe' gate have always been an issue for me and I can’t believe that prior to the property going on the market, the boathouse wasn't given a decent coat of paint.

After the heavy rains we have had here, saw Mrs. Anderson out sweeping up branches by the boathouse, so perhaps there is no longer a gardener? As in other years when I have seen her, its extremely tempting to try and get her attention, but I just couldn't invade her privacy. Her two pug dogs came over to the fence and one obliged and had its picture taken....cute but no substitute for Zeus and Apollo!

As always, left the lovely beach feeling sad but also wondering just what mega changes might be coming the estates way.
Thanks Lily!
Can't wait to see the for sale sign (minus the SOLD sticker)!!!

Kimbosan
Captain

#889 Post by Kimbosan »

All,
Photos are up of the grounds...."Oh My God" what a mess...I am crying right now.
http://www.oahureale.com/201400772-41-5 ... -Waimanalo
Kimbosan
Kimbosan

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#890 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

IMO, we have yet to see messy part.

Using a brush cutter
and then removing all the roots, planting some new grass and the property will look far better.

I am sure that house inside is in much worse shape

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#891 Post by ConchRepublican »

Lily wrote:Passed by the estate yesterday and there is indeed a for sale sign posted at the property
That opening line is just so sad ...... :(
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#892 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kimbosan wrote:All,
Photos are up of the grounds...."Oh My God" what a mess...I am crying right now.
Kimbosan
Where's that Kudu Buck when you need him?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#893 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Kimbosan wrote:All,
Kimbosan
Where's that Kudu Buck when you need him?
Exactly Conch.....they make great brush cutters!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#894 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, the foliage really is thick. The Kudu Buck would indeed help (LOL), but they really need a whole bunch of goats... eco goats! They would clear things up in a hurry. :)

The view from the driveway (looking towards the house) is totally different from what it used to be. It's almost a jungle! :shock:

Good to see the "concrete slab" again in all its glory! Has the mystery of this thing ever been solved? I can't remember what the verdict was (if there was any). :?

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MagStache
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#895 Post by MagStache »

This is really great to see these pictures but at the same time it looks so different. Someone has really let nature take over. There are no pictures of the caretaker or guest house either :?
Higgins would be on the warpath if he saw this :lol:

They should be more than willing to accept less given the condition. Maybe if everyone chips in, can get them down to 10 mil. Get 10 people, and that's 1 mil apiece :D then turn it into a time share of sorts and take turns fixing it up :lol:
There can be no cash without the 'stache...

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#896 Post by Stelth »

I have nothing to add to this thread but I've got to say "MagStache" is an exceptional screen name. Well done!

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#897 Post by erock308 »

"It's almost a jungle! :shock: " lol
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#898 Post by Stelth »

erock308 wrote:"It's almost a jungle! :shock: " lol
That's wouldn't be good for a Vietnam vet with PTSD.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#899 Post by No need to know! »

Looks good to me. 8)
Onion´s extra?

Master Robins
Ensign

#900 Post by Master Robins »

Okay Guys I have a question to ask! I am working on the floor plan of Robins Nest (The fictional version not the real house plan that's up for sale now and I need confirmation from you guys that I have all of the rooms that Robin Masters has!

Here is the list of rooms in the main House that I have so far that I have actually seen on the show.

The Foyer
Higgins Study
The Living Room
The Dark Room
The Kitchen
The Loggia (where the eat outside)
The Wine Cellar (basement)
The Computer/Security Room (basement)
The Billiard/Snooker Room
The Dinning Room
The Library
Higgins Bedroom
Robins Bedroom
Guest Bedroom

If I am missing anything please let me know guys!
I would like to put together a floor plan blue print of the TV Robins nest.

Higgins B
"OOOHH MYY GOD!!!"