Top Ten Signs You're Obsessed With Magnum PI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mack
Commander

#16 Post by Mack »

I'm guilty of drinking beer [u]ONLY[/u]out of brown long neck bottles and I call my matching german sheperds, "guys". Is that ok if they are females?
Hana Hou!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#17 Post by N1095A »

Mack wrote:I'm guilty of drinking beer ONLYout of brown long neck bottles and I call my matching german sheperds, "guys". Is that ok if they are females?
But, do you feed them top sirloin, and take great delight in having them terrorize the guy that lives in your guesthouse? :D
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#18 Post by Doc Ibold »

To have a HUGE estate, but prefer to live in the guesthouse!

bradchambers
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Top Ten Signs You're Obsessed With Magnum PI

#19 Post by bradchambers »

SelleckLover wrote:TOP TEN SIGNS YOU’RE OBSESSED WITH MAGNUM, PI

3. You have the Freebairn-Smith MPI theme song as a ringtone on
your cell phone.
I think if you even *know* the name Freebairn-Smith or how it relates to MPI, that's a sign you're obsessed w/ MPI.

I have the Mike Post version as my ringtone, does that still count?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Steve »

"14. You secretly try on your MPI Halloween costume all year long."

Number 24) You don't have a MPI Halloween costume due to the fact you already own 4 Paradise Found Parrot Shirts, 2 in black and two in red, still wear your 80's mustache and have too many pairs of shorts cut 6 inches above the knee line even though they embarrass your family on vacation ..........LOL......

Steve
Chicago

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#21 Post by Jeffrey »

Um obsessed with magnum.. maybe,, i try this look xD

:P And of course i got all the released dvd's (1-6)... And i have a Dutch Magnum fansite... :P
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#22 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Here's my top 10 :

10. You bought a stock of Coors that you renamed Coops for distributing them to your best friends, saying "you're drinking old Düsseldorf"
9. You never pay your bills at your favorite bar
8. You're wearing a cross of Lorraine ring
7. You just can't stop stealing a 308 GTS red Ferrari every time you're watching one.
6. You trapped your own wine cellar just for the taste of a stolen great wine with your pepperoni pizza.
5. You avoid every asiatic quarter for not remembering Viet-Nam (where you've never gone but you really think you are Magnum)
4. You never go to St Louis to avoid Luther H. Gillis
3. You're watching replays of Army-Navy football matches while eating popcorn and drinking old Düsseldorf
2. You're training hard for the Ironman in Kona
1. You bought two dobermans living in your garden, nourishing them very few in order to be pursuited every day by them up to the door of your house

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#23 Post by golfmobile »

Ooo la la! Cettes hommes de France! Ces sont formidables!

(Jean-Claude, a translation hint -- "few" is usually something you could possibly count, like a "few beers" -- I think you meant you feed them enough to keep them alive but always hungry so they will pursue you [but I think the pursuit of Magnum by Zeus and Apollo was perhaps more for attacking and protecting the estate than for eating!) Therefore, you would "nourish them sparingly" -- avec insuffisance? -- est-ce que cela est comprehensible?

Neverthess, we all understood what you meant, so don't let my suggestions discourage you from posting YOUR Top Ten! (J'ai simplement manque' une pretexte a practiquer mon francais pauvre.) They are very good!

And I think, by count, we're beginning to add up to the Top 100!! :lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#24 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Sorry for my approximate english. In fact, I'm talking a lot of languages but I'm not able to talk any of them perfectly ! Except french ... because I am "ze" great Jean-Claude Fornier ! :wink: