Magnum Traits ?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

sealion
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Magnum Traits ?

#1 Post by sealion »

Dont know if this has been covered in another forum, But does anyone have any MAGNUM traits? either deliberately or accidently(or series traits of the other characters).
Here are a few of mine - I love long sleeves shirts over any other style of mens shirt and especially like to wear them with rolled up sleeves (DELIBERATE) ( often with shorts !, but not the TM short shorts ! :lol: )
I wear baseball caps (DELIBERATE) sometimes , with long sleeve shirt, rolled up sleeves., or polos.
When my black wavey hair gets long , it curls up out the sides under a cap like TM, ........but not quite as much as his did. (ACCIDENTAL).I dont have a mo though !! :lol:
I used to wear sneakers without socks (until I got bad athletes foot ! ) so now where small ankle socks with sneakers.
Ive got the divers watch like TM ,only in Black. (DELIBERATE)
I wear tank tops and shorts in the summer at the beach. (DELIBERATE)
I used to own a navy blue Detroit Tigers cap , identical to TMs. I bought it in Honolulu in 1991. Guess I will have to get back there for a newer one. :D

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Braddah Kimo »

sartorial traits only?

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Braddah Kimo »

sorry, thoght it said have we noticed any Magnum Traits. So many in his personality AND dress. as for what we may exemplify Magnumwise... I wear baseballcaps sometimes, but no mainland sports kine. Wear da parrot shirt, have been for decades. also the orchid one in fact had the whole paradise found line thru the years. Wear shorts ALL the time. But not the 80's short shorts. Too gay. Same with tennys wit no socks looks quite effette or affected as if ya gotta pop up your polo shirt collar too. at least here in da islands. Had a mustache once but shaved it off, i am too blonde for it to be MPI noticeable. Had that velcro divers wallet. bhut too nmany young kids have velcro wallets so I lean towards Alligator wallets of late. I don't think I ever have seen Magnum wearing rubbah slippahz ever in any ep. And they are as ubiquitous as sand here. Especially living at da beach, you would think he would have a few pair. and be seen wearing them. Used to wear a similar watch but as all cell phones have time on display, no need. especially as it's goofy to see tan line on wrist....

sealion
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by sealion »

yeah right about the 'short shorts' they were shockers ! espescially the ones TM wore in MACS BACK while staking out. They were so short they nearly cut his balls off ! Funny though in the late 1980s we though long shorts were ridiculous when they first came out and went down to the knee.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

sealion wrote:yeah right about the 'short shorts' they were shockers ! espescially the ones TM wore in MACS BACK while staking out. They were so short they nearly cut his balls off ! Funny though in the late 1980s we though long shorts were ridiculous when they first came out and went down to the knee.
Quite right, and I just don't picture Selleck in board shorts with his long legs. Myself being 6' 2" still only wear longer shorts to walk around in but find them hot and uncomfortable. I strip down to the Magnum length when I go to the beach or for a swim (no matter how much my wife and 15 year old son protest as I turn up the volume on my Genesis cassette...LOL..................