AL's Automotive TIGERS Replica Embroidered Patch for Hat

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#16 Post by N1095A »

ironfist wrote:if the get wet hat is fitted put me down for one also.
The original ones that TM wore were not fitted. They had the adjustable strap. Since Mr. Downing is trying to locate the original blanks, I would assume that if he does reissue the cap (fingers crossed) they too will be adjustable.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Waterbug Blue »

N1095A wrote:
ironfist wrote:if the get wet hat is fitted put me down for one also.
The original ones that TM wore were not fitted. They had the adjustable strap. Since Mr. Downing is trying to locate the original blanks, I would assume that if he does reissue the cap (fingers crossed) they too will be adjustable.
Would be a great thing - do keep us posted if there's anything new.

N1095A

#18 Post by N1095A »

Will do. Most definately.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Still, might be tough trying to sue some obscure seller in Argentina - I wish him the best of luck!

N1095A

#20 Post by N1095A »

I pertty much told him the same thing, with best wishes. I think he may be able to make them stop selling them, but beyond that who knows? I'm just thrilled that he's attempting to reissue the caps. This is the one elusive MPI cap I have not been able to have in my collection. I've been trying to make this happen since 2007. He didn't seem interested back then. But as Stephen (Only Looking) said, maybe he now sees there is interest.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Well in this case the ebay thing has been good for something after all - it would be brilliant if things worked out this way. And a big thank you to you for keeping your eyes on the ball.

N1095A

#22 Post by N1095A »

Thanks aren't necessary. I was a little pissed that the argentina seller took my hand drawn logo, and used it to flece Downing, and MPI fans. I just hope all works out.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Hum,

I am all for protecting copyright and such and have made some "new friends" for condemning fake watches here on the board recently.

Some people here complain about the argentinian seller for violating copyright - their own copyright or the rights of others - and on the same time support copyright infrigments by posting links to fake watches on the board.

I for my part don't see much of a difference between the legal rights from a company like Rolex and the creators of the "get wet" cap

N1095A

#24 Post by N1095A »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Hum,

I am all for protecting copyright and such and have made some "new friends" for condemning fake watches here on the board recently.

Some people here complain about the argentinian seller for violating copyright - their own copyright or the rights of others - and on the same time support copyright infrigments by posting links to fake watches on the board.

I for my part don't see much of a difference between the legal rights from a company like Rolex and the creators of the "get wet" cap
For the record I do not condone the manufacture or sale of fake Rolexes. I don't have a problem with the purchase or ownership of fake rolexes. It is illegal to make and sell them. It is not illegal to buy or own them.
I was asked by the trademark owner to ASK people not to buy the fake caps. If someone chooses to do so that's their bisuness, and I wouldn't hold it against them. Have a lovely day.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

sorry, I still don't understand.

You are upset because someone violated your or Downings rights -
N1095A wrote: I was a little pissed that the argentina seller took my hand drawn logo, and used it to flece Downing, and MPI fans.
so why do you support fake watches by posting links to places that sell them?

You seem to differentiate - I don't!
Fakes are bad. Period!
Last edited by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Waterbug Blue »

:shock:

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by MagnumILWU »

What is wrong with you people! Isn't the whole liking of Magnum, to have fun! I have a fake rolex, a fake ring, a get wet cap, a fake wallet and ID! Plus many other little things that are copies from the show. I'm not going to pay $5-6 thousand for a watch, but if someone wants to, that's fine. I would have given my left nut to have some of these things in the 80's! If you can't afford, or get the "official' item, i'll take what I can get! I don't care where it came from! I'm having fun!!
"pickled egg please"

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Hello MagnumILWU,

you are totally correct, MPI is to have fun!

If you research a bit, you'll find out, that the funds for fake watches, sneakers, t-shirts and handbags go to people, who are not funny at all.

Besides of this - for me the fun ends - and here I totally agree with N1095 - when someone takes away (ripps off) the intellectual work from someone, who has been spending a lot of time and passion to create something unique.

N1095A

#29 Post by N1095A »

I'm not falling into the bondtoys vortex again. My Greman friend, Post whatever you like. Think whatever you like. Have a wonderful life.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Waterbug Blue »

MagnumILWU wrote:What is wrong with you people! Isn't the whole liking of Magnum, to have fun! I have a fake rolex, a fake ring, a get wet cap, a fake wallet and ID! Plus many other little things that are copies from the show. I'm not going to pay $5-6 thousand for a watch, but if someone wants to, that's fine. I would have given my left nut to have some of these things in the 80's! If you can't afford, or get the "official' item, i'll take what I can get! I don't care where it came from! I'm having fun!!
Good policy!