AL's Automotive TIGERS Replica Embroidered Patch for Hat

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Brian
Fleet Admiral

AL's Automotive TIGERS Replica Embroidered Patch for Hat

#1 Post by Brian »

Sneakers Higgins!!

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Waterbug Blue »

A good find!

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Re: AL's Automotive TIGERS Replica Embroidered Patch for Hat

#3 Post by only looking »

I love how they say EXCLUSIVE to their site..lol Had a friend who made several OVER THE TOP hats and patches..and they sent him a warning to stop making them..He told them to kindly F themselves as they didnt have the liscensing for that hat's design..lol But eh patch does look pretty good.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Just about as exclusive as the Get Wet Cap :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNUM-P-I-Get- ... 19cfcf0c55

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Waterbug Blue »

(and probably the best item - as far as exclusiveness goes - is this one: The MAGNUM P.I. Excluive Replica Cap OR Hat Detroit Tigers :D
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNUM-P-I-Excl ... 1c1943a2ce

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by only looking »

Waterbug Blue wrote:(and probably the best item - as far as exclusiveness goes - is this one: The MAGNUM P.I. Excluive Replica Cap OR Hat Detroit Tigers :D

LOL..they did a decent job on the GET WET hat...ashame they didnt try to get the right shade of pink on the sides.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

only looking wrote:LOL..they did a decent job on the GET WET hat...ashame they didnt try to get the right shade of pink on the sides.
Yeah. The script doesn't look quite right, but it's a decent reproduction. They probably thought red would be more likely to sell today. Alas, the days of florescent pink are over.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Don't worry, they will be back - and do not throw away your aloha shirts either, they will be fashionable soon enough - with the '80s revival all about...

btw if anyone wants a real vintage item, this one might be it - a niche Detroit Tigers cap :)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:DE:1123

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#9 Post by N1095A »

only looking wrote:
Waterbug Blue wrote:(and probably the best item - as far as exclusiveness goes - is this one: The MAGNUM P.I. Excluive Replica Cap OR Hat Detroit Tigers :D

LOL..they did a decent job on the GET WET hat...ashame they didnt try to get the right shade of pink on the sides.
Looks exactly like my hand drawn Get Wet logo. I wonder what the folks at Downing Hawaii would think of the infringement. The Ds and Get Wet are registered trademarks.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#10 Post by N1095A »

I wrote Keone Downing about the cap on Ebay. He is going to take legal action as this is a clear trademark infringement, and he asked me to ask Magnum PI fans not to purchase from this seller. Good news for those of who want the Get Wet Cap. He is trying to find the original blank caps, and when he does they will reissue the original Get Wet caps. He said in the email that he will let me know when this happens.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by only looking »

N1095A wrote:I wrote Keone Downing about the cap on Ebay. He is going to take legal action as this is a clear trademark infringement, and he asked me to ask Magnum PI fans not to purchase from this seller. Good news for those of who want the Get Wet Cap. He is trying to find the original blank caps, and when he does they will reissue the original Get Wet caps. He said in the email that he will let me know when this happens.
AWESOME!!! Maybe seeing this on Ebay made him rethnk that theres money and interest in the hats after all. I remember when he was first approached about redoing the hats...didn't seem all that interested...Great news. Thanks for posting brother.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MagnumILWU »

I'm not sure I get it about the Detroit Tigers cap! Why would anyone buy that piece of crap on ebay, when you can get a official MLB 'fitted' cap. That's what Magnum wore on the show, not one with an adjustable strap. I do wish they would go back to the green, instead of the light gray they use now! Also when you look at Magnum's cap, they didn't have the MLB insignia on the back then. I remember when they started putting them on the caps. When I would buy a new cap, I would take a felt pen, and darken that thing. So, just to refresh, the old caps were green under the bill, and had no insignia in the back!
"pickled egg please"

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Waterbug Blue »

N1095A wrote:I wrote Keone Downing about the cap on Ebay. He is going to take legal action as this is a clear trademark infringement, and he asked me to ask Magnum PI fans not to purchase from this seller. Good news for those of who want the Get Wet Cap. He is trying to find the original blank caps, and when he does they will reissue the original Get Wet caps. He said in the email that he will let me know when this happens.
Good news! IF ever - put me up for one!

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Waterbug Blue »

MagnumILWU wrote:I'm not sure I get it about the Detroit Tigers cap! Why would anyone buy that piece of crap on ebay, when you can get a official MLB 'fitted' cap. That's what Magnum wore on the show, not one with an adjustable strap. I do wish they would go back to the green, instead of the light gray they use now! Also when you look at Magnum's cap, they didn't have the MLB insignia on the back then. I remember when they started putting them on the caps. When I would buy a new cap, I would take a felt pen, and darken that thing. So, just to refresh, the old caps were green under the bill, and had no insignia in the back!
Well ... just get a vintage one, green under bill, your size, and use for example a sharp pointed kitchen knife and kill the mlb and new era embroidery ... that should do the trick in, say, half an hour!

ironfist
Commander

#15 Post by ironfist »

if the get wet hat is fitted put me down for one also.