Season 7

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

#16 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

[quote="James J. Walters"]Let me guess Doc, you watched an episode of [i]Emergency![/i]? ;)

But seriously, I'm so excited! Mine should ship tomorrow!! The best season from the best show of all-time is shipping tomorrow! Yes! :)[/quote]

What's this Season the best one? James?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#17 Post by IslandHopper »

Doc Ibold wrote:It's everything I thought it would be and more.

However, 2 things.

1) The CDs are a boring red. All of them. I wish they would have done something more like Seasons 5 and 6, but oh well, content over appearances!

:lol:

2) Once you guys get yours, can you check out Paper War? It kind of freezes and goes into fast forward for about a minute or so, and the onscreen doesn't match the VO. (This happens about 2 mins after Higgins and Magnum get stuck in the elevator).

I'm wondering if it's a flaw in the production (of the DVD) or just my DVD, or even my DVD player (which I don't think is the case).

:cry:

Luckily, the rest of the DVDs (I'm only on #2) seem to work perfectly fine otherwise!
Doc,

I just finished watching "Paper War" and I didn't have any problems with the DVD. It played fine. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your copy. Hope you get it resolved.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

crazy haole
Ensign

#18 Post by crazy haole »

Hi Doc,

I don't have any problems with my "Paper War" either. I proof watch every Magnum set I get (ever since that early MPI double sided fiasco) on my most sensitive DVD player and so far so good into disc 4. So check to see if
your disc is lint & totally scratch free. If the problem continues don't hesitate to exchange it for another copy.

Happy viewing!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#19 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hey CH,

Yup it is lint/scratch free. Maybe it was a one time thing......

I'll try it again once I get home from work.

I had the same issue with the double sided, and my version of Paradise Blues ifrom Season 4 s scratched.

I SHOULD get it replaced.

Do I just go to universal.com, or what's the process?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#20 Post by J.J. Walters »

If anyone finds out the episode where Magnum's image on the DVD cover comes from, please post it here. It's got to be from a Season Seven episode (one would think anyway).

Thanks
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#21 Post by IslandHopper »

James J. Walters wrote:If anyone finds out the episode where Magnum's image on the DVD cover comes from, please post it here. It's got to be from a Season Seven episode (one would think anyway).

Thanks
Not necessarily. I have noticed that several pictures on the episode boxes from Region 1 don't correspond to the year they represent. For example:

1. The back of the Season 5 box shows a picture of Higgins dressed as Don Luis Higgins, which is from a season 6 episode.

2. The back of the season 4 box shows Magnum at the "gift exchange" from "All Roads Lead To Floyd" which is a season 1 episode (he is standing with the girl who will later play Rosine in future episodes.

3. The back of the season 4 box also shows a picture of Higgins' unmentionables about to be blown about by the helicopter from season 6's Deja Vu.

4. The back of the season 3 box has a picture of Magnum and J. "Digger" Doyle on surf skis, which is from season 1.

5. The back of the season 2 box shows a picture of Higgins dressed as Don Luis Higgins from season 6.

I noticed this early on and thought it odd that they would include pictures on the boxes from episodes from different years. I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#22 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:If anyone finds out the episode where Magnum's image on the DVD cover comes from, please post it here. It's got to be from a Season Seven episode (one would think anyway).

Thanks
James, I haven't seen season 6 or 7 yet (on the DVDs), but I did notice that from season 5 to season 6, and for the rest of the series Magnum's wardrobe changes significantly. I would assume that due to the clothes he's wearing in the photo, it's from seasons 6-8. If this is of any help.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, I'm 95% sure it's not from Seasons 1-6. But you're right IH, it could very well be from Season Eight.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

I don't know if you guys look at the DVD "Sneak Peeks" that come with all of the seasons, but Season Seven has one for a completely unexpected, rarely seen or talked about, show from the early 70s - Alias Smith and Jones. :shock:

Wow, talk about a blast from the past! I think it's awesome that they are releasing this on DVD!