Season 6

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

Season 6

#1 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

I would like everyone's honest opinion on Season 6. I liked it. Not as much as Season 5. Some of the episodes were lacking. Personally, I think Season 6 is the worse Season so far.

Waltstasz
Admiral

#2 Post by Waltstasz »

I agree. It had some great moments, but overall it was a little weak.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by grapeshot »

Well, I find that all of the seasons have their good and weak episodes. But for me, even the weak episodes have something redeeming about them. Usually, I'm always happy to see any interaction between Magnum and Higgins. All I need is to hear Higgins say "Oh. My. God!" and I'm already smiling. Then if there's a wet Magnum in swim trunks, or a suave Magnum in a suit, or an upright Magnum in uniform, then that's just a little bonus.

But this season has probably the fewest episodes that I'd want to re-watch.

frog480
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by frog480 »

I'd have to a say, I'd have made the same comment as Waltstasz. Great minds think alike!.

When is season 7 due out on DVD?.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by lutherhgillis »

Let me begin by saying I like all the seasons of MPI. I also have to say that season 6 was a little wierd for me. To me, it drifted. There were some great episodes and some not so great ones. It was a strong season but I believe it started the "Magnum must grow up now" phase of the series. It was inevitable that life could not be all about surf ski races, volleyball, fast cars... and they had to move Magnum to some more maturity-oriented issues. Season 7 followed in this direction heavily as they had to figure out how to draw this series to a close.

Also, Donald Bellasario was beginning to focus on other projects. Add the fact that they almost lost the Anderson Estate as a flming location (the reason so many epsidos in season 6 do not happen at the estate) and you see why things may have drifted away from the norm.