MPI Ringtones

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

DO I like my blackberry! I can use ANY MP3 I have on my phone as a ringtone. Any tune in the world.
Currently being awoken by George Harrison singing "Here comes the Sun". As winter is about to begin, this is will be a blatant lie, so I might change back to the M*A*S*H theme tune "Suicide is Painless" :wink:

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by steveadl »

Yes you're right Styles, it is the OS. Unfortunatley my iPhone is the old school 3, so need to upgrade. I can however use the chime for my iPad emails :)

Have to look into whether it's possible to chance my Macbook email sound...

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

You can also set the chime to your Macbook.

Just go to the settings of your Mac Mail.
I am using the chime since one year on my Macs and it always gives me a smile and a sour face from my wife ;)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#34 Post by Styles Bitchley »

steveadl wrote:Unfortunatley my iPhone is the old school 3, so need to upgrade.
Same here. I'm still using the 3.1.2 OS just to keep it running smoothly.

For the record for those of you wondering about the iPhone ringtone, there's no problem using whatever song you want for your alarm or ringtone (when someone's calling you), it's only for when you receive an sms or email. For that you only have a handful of Apple default tones.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by steveadl »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
steveadl wrote:Unfortunatley my iPhone is the old school 3, so need to upgrade.
Same here. I'm still using the 3.1.2 OS just to keep it running smoothly.
Think I may have installed one too many updates - my iPhone is painfully slow at times. I'm out of contract but have been hanging out for the 5 to come out before locking in again. 4S is close enough, now just have to wait for Australian release, but I would assume they'd want to get it our before Christmas, so not too long to go.

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
For the record for those of you wondering about the iPhone ringtone, there's no problem using whatever song you want for your alarm or ringtone (when someone's calling you), it's only for when you receive an sms or email. For that you only have a handful of Apple default tones.
Can you upload any old MP3 on the iPhone via USB? I thought you had to go through iTunes.

I have ripped some of my own (legally bought and paid for) CDs to be able to put them on my BB. There is no problem to push them across, just like you would with a flash drive.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

no, you have to put the ringtone into the ringtone file in itunes.
And like said by others, mp3s won't work, you have to convert them into the right formate (m4r).