The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#526 Post by Pahonu »

J.J. Walters wrote:
BTW, forum member Pahonu has finished his 3D model of the Estate. I've added it to the Robin's Nest page. It's really, really well done and incredibly accurate.

"Finished" is such a complex word. It is not really finished, but I believe I am finished with it! It only needs about 1000 or more trees and bushes so, excepting some masochistic streak on my part, I guess it is finished, James. :)

Thanks for the compliments, also.
Last edited by Pahonu on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scotty73
Captain

#527 Post by scotty73 »

Hey JJ - just saw your questions on Robin's Nest - it's certainly fine to park across the street from the Anderson Estate. Better still, head 100m past the Estate and the beach park, get out for a quick walk to the tidal pool, then cut back to take pics of the gate to the Estate! That was our plan anyway...

I can't figure out what tree it is but it's massive an goes over the street so you really can't miss it.

Not sure about the buildings in Shriner's either but they look 'newer' than everything else around it...

Lastly - if you hire a car like we did, your GPS should have "Magnum PI's House" book marked as a destination - ours did!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#528 Post by Sam »

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#529 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

scotty73 wrote: Lastly - if you hire a car like we did, your GPS should have "Magnum PI's House" book marked as a destination - ours did!
That's what I call service!!! :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#530 Post by Steve »

Visiting Stewardess wrote:
scotty73 wrote: Lastly - if you hire a car like we did, your GPS should have "Magnum PI's House" book marked as a destination - ours did!
That's what I call service!!! :lol:
What would truly be clever is if they had the GPS voice announce; "I know what you're thinking and you're right. You have arrived"

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#531 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Or if the voice is that of Tom Selleck... Hell, that would freak me out!!!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#532 Post by Sam »

I found this photo of Robin's nest, taken from an angle not seen very often.I'm not sure if I knew of the lanai's circled in blue.

Sorry Pahonu if they are included in your sketchup.I'm not able to access your model..I get a pop saying "This does not appear to be a sketchup model"

Last edited by Sam on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#533 Post by Sam »

Found another episode of HFO in which the estate was used..Season 11."The Case Against Philip Christie"

Lt Tanaka also appeared in this episode and his real name was used for his character.

Last edited by Sam on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#534 Post by Steve »

Wow, great find Sam. I never saw any pictures showing the back with the lanai's either. Are those pictures from HF-O also? I have been trying to catch more and more reruns of the original and angles and interior shots of The Estate (when used) we hadn't seen. I just watched one recently that had a shot from a helicopter landing on the grounds.............

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#535 Post by Sam »

Hi Steve.

I found the picture of the lanai's on Flickr.If you look closely you can see the junk,I was tempted to call it Robins Mess.The picture was taken from the ridge above the estate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xjcreation ... otostream/

.There is this picture from Thomas on Islands that shows the back lanai but it's covered and I never gave it much thought.It appeared to be something on the roof.I haven't seen the helicopter episode yet...Go Vikings.

Last edited by Sam on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#536 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:Hi Steve.

I found the picture of the lanai's on Flickr.If you look closely you can see the junk,I was tempted to call it Robins Mess.The picture was taken from the ridge above the estate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xjcreation ... otostream/
If you look at the largest size of the picture at least you can make out a worker at the side of the pickup truck amongst "Robin's Mess". Maybe our Lady Anderson is finally getting some much needed fixin' up done............

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#537 Post by J.J. Walters »

Sam wrote:Sorry Pahonu if they are included in your sketchup.I'm not able to access your model..I get a pop saying "This does not appear to be a sketchup model"
You have to unzip the .skp file first. The download includes a text file describing the model and the actual Google SketchUp file (.skp). You have to use the .skp file within Google SketcUp, not the bundled .zip file.

Here's the unzipped .skp file

http://magnum-mania.com/Pahonu.skp

Thanks for the info on the Season 11 Hawaii Five-0 episode! I believe that now makes twelve Anderson Estate appearances in Hawaii Five-0! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#538 Post by rubber chicken »

Nice job on both counts Sam. That's the first time I've seen both lanais. It looks like they've had the roof replaced too. I'm sad to see the darker color go. But I'm sure they are appreciating the new roof if the old one was leaking.

A while ago I found photos of the Estate from a similar angle. The following are all from the same album, but I'll link to each one because they're spread out:
one
two (dogzilla!)
three
four
five
six
seven

A comparison:

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#539 Post by Majordomo »

I kinda get the feeling that if I were to ever see Robin's Nest in real life that it would not seem as big as it does on the show...

BTW, Awesome images!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#540 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Fabulous bird's eye views Sam and RC. Thanks for sharing!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.