G'day everyone - shots from my trip to Oahu

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

scotty73
Captain

#31 Post by scotty73 »

Styles you're a legend mate, Farenheit confuses the hell outta me too... so Winter on Oahu is like a standard Summer day here in Sydney, Australia. That is awesome! And 15ºC for a winter night? Yeah, guess you'll need a jacket.

All I can say again is - anytime is a good time to go to Oahu! I think about the place every day, now that I've been back for a few weeks, so miss it. Been watching Season Three and wow there's so many outside shots/scenes it interesting seeing what's changed over the last 30 years...

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Haha, I am so glad they changed to Celsius in the UK over the last 20 years. They changed very slowly, but now everyone is used to Celsius. Fahrenheit is ok too, but it always sounds hotter than it really is! :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by KENJI »

Hi Scotty,

Did you take any shots of Pearl?
I hear they have done some renovations at the memorial site and wondered what the changes look like.

Cheers

scotty73
Captain

#34 Post by scotty73 »

Hi there Kenji,

Mate I'm a huge WW2 military history buff so yeah, I took loads! Went to the USS Missouri, Arizona Memorial, USS Bowfin and the Aviation Museum, spent a whole day out there but could've easily spent 2-3 days.

Anyway, here's some Arizona Memorial pics, they have refurbished it and it's so beautiful and moving - we met a lovely 83 year old lady from mid-west USA whose brother is entombed there...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottyl73/ ... 840807530/

This is just a selection of that day, I have many more - enjoy!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by KENJI »

Thanks Scotty!!!!!!

That is one powerful place! The Punch Bowl Cemetery is another place that leaves you speechless!
I've gone there on every trip back and will continue to do so.

scotty73
Captain

#36 Post by scotty73 »

No dramas Kenji, my pleasure - and you're so right, such a powerful place.

I will also go back when I visit next and I'll ensure I get to to Punch Bowl too, couldn't quite fit in this time around...

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#37 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Thanks for sharing these fantastic pics! Viewing them brought back many happy memories of my Hawaiian honeymoon in 2010. I am now planning my... oops, I mean 'our', next trip to Hawaii in 2012 after seeing these happy snaps!

miami
Ensign

#38 Post by miami »

Did you actually get in the water ?

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#39 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Yes, I always get in the water, unless I see a shark :D