What is the chance of a new TV series instead of a movie?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Bathurstfan
Commander

What is the chance of a new TV series instead of a movie?

#1 Post by Bathurstfan »

I was wondering since the movie news has gone all quiet, who thinks there is a chance of a new Magnum TV series to follow on after the new Hawai Five O drops in the ratings in a few years? Imagine that start a new Magnum PI series in Hawaii when work drops off for the new Hawaii, I wonder if history might repeat itself??????

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Coops »

I wouldn't say it's out of the question since it would be just like what happened over 30 years ago. Unfortunately I don't think the new 5-0 lives up to anywhere near the original one. Selleck is so iconic as Magnum it'll be hard to find someone that could be that charismatic in a role that, in anyone else's hands, the character would be more annoying that entertaining. I mean, let's face, Magnum WAS a selfish, myopic to his friends until the crap hit the fan. Selleck made the character so damn intriiguing it didn't come across as thin and selfish. It can be done, I just don't see how.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Coops I couldn't agree more.

Bathurstfan
Commander

#4 Post by Bathurstfan »

Hey "I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT" I like the pic you use that Magnum with the snorlel girl is a great shot.

Thanks both for your replies.

It is probbaly optimistic, but I'd love morwe than jsut one movie, at TV series would be great.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks! You can find it on the site. James has done a great job of providing us with lots of Magnum goodies. I am for anything that uses the original cast!