Season 7

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

Season 7

#1 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

If I am putting this post in the wrong area, The Site Admin has the permission of moving it. What will be the Bonus Episode with Season 7?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

I believe it's going to be "Magnum on Ice", the crossover ep with "Murder She Wrote".

There's also two documentarys as well

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by Vanity »

Back on MM after a looooong time off the hook, I'm starting to be desperate on whether they will release season 7 for region 2.

I simply cannot find any info.
Usually, Amazon UK posts it pretty much at the same time as the US, but this time....no news.

Anybody heard anything ? Hope I won't have to wait to get it under my X-mas tree.

Mahalo
I know what you're thinking...

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

October 30th, Vanity.

Only 14 days away!

I think there was a post with more detail somewhere around here....

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Region 2 is still TBA, unfortunately. I'm not sure what the holdup is.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Vanity »

Thanks James. I guess it's all about patience now.

Doc Ibold, thanks. I was refereing to Region 2. I know all you guys in Region 1 will have Christmas before the hour in two weeks time...
I know what you're thinking...

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#7 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

James J. Walters wrote:Region 2 is still TBA, unfortunately. I'm not sure what the holdup is.
Arrg. Quote the hotel owner in the Hotel Dick, I want it. If only because of Tonight, Tonight, Tonight.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#8 Post by Doc Ibold »

Oh Yeah Baby!

(Can anyone guess what I did right after I got off work today?)

8)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

Let me guess Doc, you watched an episode of Emergency!? ;)

But seriously, I'm so excited! Mine should ship tomorrow!! The best season from the best show of all-time is shipping tomorrow! Yes! :)

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#10 Post by Shermy »

Haven't checked all episodes yet, but so far it appears that all the original music is intact! :D

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#11 Post by Doc Ibold »

It's everything I thought it would be and more.

However, 2 things.

1) The CDs are a boring red. All of them. I wish they would have done something more like Seasons 5 and 6, but oh well, content over appearances!

:lol:

2) Once you guys get yours, can you check out Paper War? It kind of freezes and goes into fast forward for about a minute or so, and the onscreen doesn't match the VO. (This happens about 2 mins after Higgins and Magnum get stuck in the elevator).

I'm wondering if it's a flaw in the production (of the DVD) or just my DVD, or even my DVD player (which I don't think is the case).

:cry:

Luckily, the rest of the DVDs (I'm only on #2) seem to work perfectly fine otherwise!

FalcOS
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#12 Post by FalcOS »

Is the version of "Novel Connection" the original broadcast version or the syndication version?
Or did they include both versions??

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#13 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hey FalcOs,

Looks like both are the broadcast versions, non syndicated.

They run back-to-back (if you access the extras right after "Novel Connection"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

How about "Murder by Night"?

Is it mostly black-and-white? Or is it mostly in color? The original version was mostly black-and-white (it goes to color as Magnum solves the case), but some syndication airings have it in mostly color (w/ B/W at the very beginning and end only).

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#15 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hey James,

It's mostly color with B/W at the beginning (and I'm assuming the ending).

Haven't gotten that far yet (just started "Kapu"), so I just skipped ahead to it and fast forwarded through it so I could answer your question.

Just got done with "Magnum on Ice" where Higgin's "Karate Chop of Doom" actually works for once! (along with accompanying tone when he strikes the pose), plus he sweep kicks/bodyslams someone!

It was pretty awesome.

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but the "Crime Series Crossover" bonus really isn't that great. It pretty much just talks about the NC/MoI episode and how it was written. You get to hear from Jay Huguely, Charles Floyd Johnson, along with Angela Lansbury and some Murder She Wrote producer. To me, it seemed like a promo for MSW volume 3, and from the way everyone was talking it sounded like the crossover was more MSW than MPI. Which, when viewing it AFTER watching the episodes, becomes more and more apparent.

Maybe Season 8 will have the syndicated version of this episode and the original "Limbo"

:shock:

Oh well.

Onward to disc 3!

(I love the fact that my job gave us a 1/2 day for Halloween and I don't even have any kids).

P.S. I will stop my Magnum "jonesing" to hand out candy though!

:lol: