Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Buzz
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#106 Post by Buzz »

Remember, you get what you pay for. Alpha watches aren't exactly high quality (I wouldn't get it wet, for example). JMHO :)

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#107 Post by grapeshot »

I think that the difference between an $8,000 watch and a $46 knockoff isn't lost on anybody. I say, if you want a "Magnum PI" watch, and don't have the $8K for one, then buy the knockoff! At least that way, if you lose it, it won't break your heart.

HIGGIE BABY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#108 Post by HIGGIE BABY »

I know you get what you pay for it, but it's just for fun. If it was, lets say a couple hundred $, then that's a little different story, but it's only $46 and if it breaks or gets lost, no big lost. Don't get me wrong though, if I had $8000 just sitting around like a millionaire does than I would drop the money down for a Rolex, no second thought. Aloha
"Ohh...my...god...Magnum!!!" -Higgins

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Magnum exact GMT watch for $46

#109 Post by J.J. Walters »

HIGGIE BABY wrote:http://www.alpha-watch.com
Thanks HIGGIE BABY!

I've been looking for a new watch. Now I don't have to look any further! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#110 Post by N1095A »

http://mirror.replicasi.com/productInfo ... rodID=1548

This is an exact replica of the Rolex GMT. My take on the rolex GMT is this. Rolex no longer offers the GMT with the Magnum style red and blue (pepsi) bezel. In order to get the Pepsi bezel, you'd have to buy the watch from Ebay or elsewhere. Being that the replicas from the above site look so exactly like the real thing, I would never spent $3000 on an Ebay Rolex that might not be genuine, even if I had the money. Why not just buy the replica for $144? At least you know what you're paying for
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#111 Post by golfmobile »

Can't that replica seller get in big trouble for a copyright infringement? The other one has "Alpha" on the face so is not using the Rolex name, but the one with Rolex on the face? I would think Rolex would shut him down.

So, Mike, you're getting the replica one? I wish I could figure out a way to put it on a 5 3/4" wrist -- even if taking out some of the links would make it fit, somehow the proportion would look a little "off," I think, not to mention making me list to port . . . .

Oh, well, maybe I'll just look for one of those watches that lets you put your own picture on the face of the watch -- and use a MPI picture or something. No, I should use an MGI picture! :lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#112 Post by N1095A »

I was considering buying one. I'm not sure about the copyright infringement issue. My Seiko cost around $250 back in the day, and I assume this watch is the same quality. I don't know if I'll buy one, but there is a sale going on now. The watch is normally $180, now it's $144.

HIGGIE BABY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#113 Post by HIGGIE BABY »

Hey James, I just got my watch from alpha watches and it's a really a decent watch. I've already had a few co-workers ask about it. One of them is thinking of getting one. The watch is a lot better than I thought. Aloha

N1095A

#114 Post by N1095A »

If anyone is interested, Wal Mart has all cotton shirts similar to Magnum's tan and olive safari shirts, and even the blue denim looking ine he wore in later episodes. They're around $12.00 each. I bought one of each.

HIGGIE BABY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#115 Post by HIGGIE BABY »

Hey everyone,
Take a look at ebay. Right now there is a magnum pi replica/kit red ferrari that it's bidding is at $7,600. There is only about 21 hrs. left in the auction. Anyone up for it? lol Just kidding. I wish I could afford it. Just to let everyone know. -Aloha-

HIGGIE BABY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#116 Post by HIGGIE BABY »

Hey, I just found something else interesting on ebay. USC's 1967 yearbood that has Tom Selleck in it. The buyout for the yearbook is $300. Still a little too rich for my blood. It said that it also has John Ritter and OJ Simpson that graduated the same year. -Aloha-

N1095A

#117 Post by N1095A »

My watch from replica.si came today. It's absolutely beautiful. It is an exact replica of the GMT Master II, and it looks and feels like a real rolex.
I've been looking for this since I was in high school.
Anyone want to buy a really nice Seiko diver? :D Just kidding. I've had the Seiko since High School, and I purposely bought it because it looked like the GMT from MPI.

zendragon
Lieutenant

#118 Post by zendragon »

HIGGIE BABY wrote:Hey James, I just got my watch from alpha watches and it's a really a decent watch. I've already had a few co-workers ask about it. One of them is thinking of getting one. The watch is a lot better than I thought. Aloha
I just got one too, got my eye on the Rolex though :wink:

So the hand with the arrow on it, how's that work? I have no clue.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#119 Post by Miss Q »

Higgie Baby, you just triggered my memory..... I actually bought the same yearbook off of ebay several years back.... I only paid $25 bucks though.... forgot I have it!

Miss Q
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#120 Post by Miss Q »

Higgie Baby, you just triggered my memory..... I actually bought the same yearbook off of ebay several years back.... I only paid $25 bucks though.... forgot I have it!

Miss Q
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock