Magnum Dream

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

Magnum Dream

#1 Post by AmandaByNight »

So, when I woke up at 4 am this morning I did my best to burn the details into my brain, but now they are of course hazy, so here's what I can recall:

I was in a Magnum P.I. episode. I don't think I was a major player, but a friend of Magnum's, a lesser Rick or TC if you will. A kid had been kidnapped and someone hired Magnum to find him. Michael Dudikoff (American Ninja!) was the baddie.

What I remember most is that there was this mall or large business area that had a surveillance camera which showed some sort of illegal activity. At this point I think Magnum was deciding whether he should pretend to be a guy who worked for the surveillance company or if he should create some sort of distraction and steal the tape... I guess I had Dana Delany in LA on my mind.

Anyway, that's when I woke up.

The dream looked just like an episode of Magnum. It's one of the most vivid dreams I've had regarding background images looking very clear... I wish I knew what Magnum did!

Walks
Captain

#2 Post by Walks »

I love my Magnum dreams!
Average about one a week, and they're so vivid that I can smell the leather in the Ferrari and the orchids on the estate.
Usually I'm both Magnum and an observer - The events in the dream happen to me, but also in third person. Weird, but I always awaken happy and refreshed.

And boy, I like that Dana Delany!

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by AmandaByNight »

That's interesting, once a week?

I wonder how many here have had Magnum dreams?

It is SO fascinating how vivid our dreams are. My dreams usually have strong stories, but the background is always so blurred in my memory. I see the mall part of my dream so clearly...

Walks
Captain

#4 Post by Walks »

That's cool! Was it 80's era, or now? I mean, Tom was probably 80's, but how 'bout the rest?

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by AmandaByNight »

Walks wrote:That's cool! Was it 80's era, or now? I mean, Tom was probably 80's, but how 'bout the rest?
Well, I think it felt 80s but it was a pretty bland background. Lots of gray and steel. I think it must be a building I've been in before...

Strangely enough I often dream of a movie theater that is always the same theater in my dream (where they sell the food outside!), but the other night I had a dream about a movie theater and it was different... In a building much like the one in my Magnum dream. I just remembered that. Maybe it was part of the same dream? I can't remember now...

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#6 Post by rubber chicken »

What do you have against Michael Dudikoff? American Ninja was a force for good! :) Try having the dream again but this time with Magnum and Dudikoff working together. Magnum can do the sleuthing and Dudikoff can protect Magnum from female enforcers. ;)

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by AmandaByNight »

rubber chicken wrote:What do you have against Michael Dudikoff? American Ninja was a force for good! :) Try having the dream again but this time with Magnum and Dudikoff working together. Magnum can do the sleuthing and Dudikoff can protect Magnum from female enforcers. ;)
lol! I actually LOVE Michael Dudikoff. I'm not quite sure why he was the bad guy in my dream. Maybe I was trying to break his good guy image so Hollywood could see what he can do!

Btw, I loved his series Cobra. Maybe I could mash the two together and Magnum and Cobra would work together (against the female enforcers of course!).

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

I don't think I've ever had a dream regarding Magnum P.I.. My dreams almost always involve me taking a test I'm not prepared for. God, I wish they would stop! A "flying dream" would be nice every once and a while. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#9 Post by Pahonu »

You wouldn't be a bit of a perfectionist, would you James?

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by Lt Tanaka »

rubber chicken wrote:What do you have against Michael Dudikoff? American Ninja was a force for good!
What?!

I always thought American Ninja was a force for cheese!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Never had one, but I'd really like to!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by AmandaByNight »

Had another Magnum dream last night.

This time I was at an outdoor movie theater, but it wasn't a drive in, as it had a smaller stadium arrangement and they were screening an episode of Magnum.

What I remember is that the episode featured a murder at the beginning by Kim Delany (I don't even like her, why am I dreaming about her?) and she was some sort of covert agent bad guy person who was new and not good at her job because she felt really guilty and left a lot of clues. Magnum catches up with her quickly, but feels compelled to help her because she is so guilt-ridden over what she's done.

At this point in the dream, I leave the stadium part where I can see the movie and I walk around. I end up missing the rest of it, but my husband runs into me and I say, "Was this the episode where her boyfriend played by Robert Pine is a helicopter pilot and Magnum turns her over to him so he can take to where she needs to turn herself in?"

And my husband said, "Yes."

So, I didn't see the end of the episode, but I remembered it! Hilarious. Sounds like it might have made a good Magnum.

It was also funny that Robert Pine played the boyfriend since he is Magnum's dad!

I probably had this dream because I had a Magnum marathon on over the weekend while I worked on stuff... Not a bad way to wake up!

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Brian »

Last night I dreamt that I was in Hawaii on the coast in a restaurant with Larry, Roger, and Thomas and we were talking about the Magnum Movie and what they wanted the movie to be about and the things they didn't want to be in the film. After we were finished eating we went walking around and Thomas was talking about how much the Island has changed over the years and some of the places he liked to visit were so different or were gone now. I'm not sure which Island we were at but it was very vivid, and It took me a few moment to settle back into reality when I woke. I think this dream had something to do with Roger being on Larry's radio show yesterday, I haven't listened to the show yet.
Sneakers Higgins!!