Ferrari 308GTS driving on Hawaii

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

Ferrari 308GTS driving on Hawaii

#1 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased Test Drive Unlimited 2 (TDU2) for my PS3 and am playing it since 2 days.

There is a Hawaii Island level, which looks really nice and you can buy a Ferrari 308GTS.

The car looks good, drives well and the engine sound is one of the best of all cars there.

Anyone else driving the Magnum-Style and maybe has found Robin's nest or other locations there?

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by erock308 »

my 2 reasons behind buying Test Drive Unlimited.... Ferrari 308 and Driving around Oahu ;{)
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by nha trang »

I saw it appeared to be available on Xbox live (I don't know if it's the right Test Drive Unlimited) but it also seemed to have a bunch of add-on purchases to buy, including one pack with the 308 GTS. Is it worth the money?

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I can't comment on the regular TDU as I only have the TDU2 here.

The Oahu level and the Ferrari can be achieved free of charge, but if I had to pay for them, I'd certainly do!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

So, I have been driving around the island (Oahu) a bit in my Ferrari ;)

You can easily find TC's helicopter pier and if you follow the road up north, you can see 3 estates plus a tuning store.

The first estate has a stone wall at the sides but the gate and the building does not look right, so do the other 2 buildings.

Unfortunately, you can't drive along the beach, there is a wall, but rabbit island can be clearly seen, too.

Anyone else tried this?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:Here's a video clip of the GTS in action!

Love it! :)
Ouch! Thus the term "Drive it like you stole it"..............If I ever had the good fortune of owning the actual car I sure wouldn't be on a dirt road, redlining at every shift (even though you are barely doing 80mph) and riding on the shoulders in the curves................I know, it's just a game........

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Thanks James. Sound effects are great. Shifting sounds authentic and it has a nice throaty sound. The engine sound reminds me of the film C'était un rendez-vous. Anybody see it?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I don't know that movie, but it reminds me on the car chase from "Against all odds".

Does anyone know how to make screenshots from a PS3 Slim?

I could post some pics then here on the forum

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

P.S. bugger. I remember that I have seen that car run with a Ferrari in Paris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COyab3YQS48

Clever: You can see, when cars with flashers are seen, that the speed of the film goes down - even the engine sound still suggests high speed (e.g. 3:07)

Styles Bitchley

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Bondtoys.de wrote:P.S. bugger. I remember that I have seen that car run with a Ferrari in Paris.
I had always heard it was a Ferrari too. The Wikipedia article says the camera was mounted on a Mercedes, but the sound was recorded from a Ferrari and dubbed over. A lot of mystery surrounding the film.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#12 Post by rubber chicken »

I'd love to see C'était un rendez-vous. Any idea where a good quality video can be found? I see there's one on youtube, but it's only 240p.

Styles Bitchley

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

rubber chicken wrote:I'd love to see C'était un rendez-vous. Any idea where a good quality video can be found? I see there's one on youtube, but it's only 240p.
My dad had a restored DVD version. If you're comfortable using torrents, you can download a copy here.

- J.Q.H.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#14 Post by rubber chicken »

Thank you very much Styles, I didn't look there! Not that I'd ever use BitTorrent... :wink: