MPI Ringtones

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

Chris Abbott, from E! True Hollywood Story:

"You can't kill Magnum!..."

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

"Post Laser"(MP3)

A wicked Mike Post sound effect used in several later-season episodes. The above is from "Death and Taxes". This one might scare people nearby, though. :)
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wes
Lieutenant Commander

#18 Post by wes »

Thanks for the ringtones, they are absolutely fab on my I phone.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#19 Post by J.J. Walters »

Here's another good one - "Higgins' Theme" (Wav)

This little melody is used whenever a sentimental view of Higgins is required. It's Higgins' "audio signature". It made its debut in Season Two's "From Moscow to Maui" just before Magnum walks in on Higgins as he is playing with his little toy soldiers.

"Higgins' Theme (long version)" ("From Moscow to Maui")

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#20 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:Here's another good one - "Higgins' Theme" (Wav)

This little melody is used whenever a sentimental view of Higgins is required. It's Higgins' "audio signature". It made its debut in Season Two's "From Moscow to Maui" just before Magnum walks in on Higgins as he is playing with his little toy soldiers.

"Higgins' Theme (long version)" ("From Moscow to Maui")
Awesome James. One of those melodies I know immediately, but never really thought about it!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#21 Post by Dervish »

The day I figured out how to make my own ringtones was fun, indeed. The Magnum P.I. theme is now my primary ringtone, with Lou Grant as my secondary ringtone (I use it on my backup phone).

The only difference between my ringtone and the one on this website's audio section is that mine starts approximately 15 seconds after the opening theme's beginning.

I get occasional comments from perfect strangers. :)

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by nha trang »

I was very excited to find JJ had the Magnum mp3 clips on this webpage when I first stumbled on Magnum Mania. I couldn't wait to get the standard MPI theme up and running, and then I thought, "oh man, I'm going to get so much $hit for having this." Then I saw that he had the intro from the pilot episode, which is AWESOME, I actually like it more and plus only the hardcore Magnum fans would ever even recognize it.

By the way, thanks JJ, I smile/laugh every time I get a phone call imagining the Mag zipping down the coast during the pilot.

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

Ring Tones..where??

#23 Post by Karrnut »

I would LOVE to change my lame ring tone to the opening theme!!
But just how do I find this "audio section" and how is it done?
No fancy phone, just a Motorola.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

Styles Bitchley

Re: Ring Tones..where??

#24 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Karrnut wrote:I would LOVE to change my lame ring tone to the opening theme!!
Ringtones are under the Audio section of the site. You'll probably have to google your specific phone to figure out how to upload it.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

Re: Ring Tones..where??

#25 Post by Karrnut »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Karrnut wrote:I would LOVE to change my lame ring tone to the opening theme!!
Ringtones are under the Audio section of the site. You'll probably have to google your specific phone to figure out how to upload it.
Thanks, I will give it a try, wish me luck!
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by steveadl »

Last time I posted here about MPI ringtones I ended up making one myself for the best result and lack of availability in iTunes. Recently switched to a MacBook Air and in the process of syncing lost my old MPI ringtone so thought I'd see if the options in iTunes were any better a year on....

Wow, talk about spolit for selection now! 10 to choose from and most of them pretty damn good! Ended up going for one that sounded trusest to the opening sequence, but slightly sped up - so I now get to hear more of the theme song before I pick up. :D

Now if only Apple will let us use custom message tones so I can use the chime!!!

Styles Bitchley

#27 Post by Styles Bitchley »

steveadl wrote:Now if only Apple will let us use custom message tones so I can use the chime!!!
Yeah, that really is a strange one. :x

- J.Q.H.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

steveadl wrote:
Now if only Apple will let us use custom message tones so I can use the chime!!!
You can convert ringtones for iPhone:

http://www.cnet.com.au/how-to-make-your ... 291124.htm

I am using garage band:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1358

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by steveadl »

That's what I did last time around. This time didn't need to as iTunes has a few good ones now, and for the $2.50 - couldn't be bothered going to all the effort again.

Just reading up last night - apparently the iPhone 4S coming out this month (though don't know Australia yet) will allow custom message tones, so problem solved. Once I get the new phone, the Magnum Chime will be my message tone - sweeeeet. :D

Styles Bitchley

#30 Post by Styles Bitchley »

steveadl wrote:Just reading up last night - apparently the iPhone 4S coming out this month (though don't know Australia yet) will allow custom message tones, so problem solved. Once I get the new phone, the Magnum Chime will be my message tone - sweeeeet. :D
Actually, it's the new operating system that will allow it: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/3 ... ion_tones/

So if you upgrade to ios5, you'll be able to do it with whatever phone you have (depending on whether your phone can handle the OS). I think it will be released next week...

- J.Q.H.