No more Magnum on Retro?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Dervish
Rear Admiral

No more Magnum on Retro?

#1 Post by Dervish »

Early today, I logged into the guide on my TV setbox so it will automatically switch to Magnum P.I., and I don't see it anywhere on the RTV Retro channel! What a shame.

At least we have the DVD's.

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by wwmd »

My programming guide still lists it for this week. I would have been mad if they took it away!

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Jake
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by Jake »

I live in the metro Detroit area and it dissapeared from my RTV channel over a year ago (which promted me to buy the DVD's), however it is still on RTV in other areas. I have family about a 100 miles away in another part of MI and they still get it on their RTV channel. It used to also be on the Sleuth TV channel and has vanished from there as well.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by AmandaByNight »

I was in Maryland last year and RTV quit showing it... and with just a few episodes of the entire series left. Ugh. I was SO mad. Now we moved and I don't get RTV. It's bad because I only have a few of the DVDs (not working right now). I have most on vhs... somewhere, but I miss watching it every night at 9 on RTV. I love schedules!

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by wwmd »

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. :( It turns out Magnum isn't on tonight after all. It doesn't appear to be on all week. RTV is going to get a very strongly worded letter.

--Sammy

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Frodoleader »

As much as I love MPI (I have all 8 seasons on DVD) it would not break my heart if my local Retro TV station would change their playlist around. After a few years, you get tired of the same reruns of Airwolf, A-Team, the Hulk, etc. There is so much TV history out there, I wish they would run some other classic shows.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by wwmd »

Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, I wish they’d just moved Magnum to another time slot and not gotten rid of it completely. It feels like when they stopped showing the reruns on A&E when I was in junior high or high school. Just one less thing to look forward to when I get home, I guess.

--Sammy

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Yes, it appears that all the Retro affiliates have changed their line-up as of yesterday. A random sampling of schedules on their website (myretrotv.com) shows all of the 80s (MPI, A-Team, and Knight Rider) stuff is gone. Too bad. Maybe another station will revive 80s TV.

Makes me even more glad I bought the DVDs last year!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

Not on in NYC anymore either.

I jinxed it!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Frodoleader »

I guess one should be careful in what one wishes for. I checked out the RTV schedule for my area. No more MPI, Emergency or A-Team. But also no more Dragnet and Adam-12. I really loved coming home from work and watching Adam-12. The new lineup is not much better.

:cry:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by Dervish »

Frodoleader wrote:I guess one should be careful in what one wishes for. I checked out the RTV schedule for my area. No more MPI, Emergency or A-Team. But also no more Dragnet and Adam-12. I really loved coming home from work and watching Adam-12. The new lineup is not much better.

:cry:
I miss Quincy.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by nha trang »

It seems to me that my entire life they have ran Magnum PI and then cut if off. I remember this happening when I was a kid also. They probably have some contractual agreement that just leads to higher DVD sales or something.