Proposal: Tidal Pool Photographic Print

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

nha trang
Vice Admiral

Proposal: Tidal Pool Photographic Print

#1 Post by nha trang »

I have been thinking about this for some time now, but I never find myself with the time to make the necessary arrangements.

The idea is to hire a professional photographer to take print quality pictures of the tidal pool, or across the tidal pool rather, looking out into the open ocean and rabbit island from the beach, as featured in so many MPI episodes. Kind of a like a Magnum's eye view, you know what I mean!

I can't quite decide on which I'd prefer, sunrise, sunset, or one of those unbelievable mid-day shots (I remember seeing this at least once on MPI) where the water just looks indescribable. Perhaps a series of all three? I almost think one of those midday shots where the water just looks like glass would be the nicest.

I imagine that what I am thinking of would be best if it were wide-angle or if some technique were used to capture a wider area, like perhaps the entire length of the tidal pool looking out to sea. I imagine that a professional with the proper camera and digital equipment could even piece together a composite of several pictures to accomplish this.

Then if and when the moments are captured, we can have the image turned into prints and buy them. Perhaps JJ can get a commission for each one that sells to help support the website? I am thinking of a print that would be nice enough to have custom framed and displayed as artwork in your home or office.

If you guys find this interesting let's post some ideas in this thread. It doesn't seem that difficult to me to accomplish if a capable landscape photographer is located on Oahu. I don't have any idea of the costs, but I imagine if enough of us were interested it could be reasonable?

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by Karrnut »

Professional photographers here on the main land run about $350-$450 per day plus expense's. Should be about the same in Hawaii.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

erock308
Fleet Admiral

;{)

#3 Post by erock308 »

"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

burroughsmvp
Commander

#4 Post by burroughsmvp »

My wife took these when she was able to go to Hawaii (without me!) a couple of years ago.

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by Lt Tanaka »

erock308
Fleet Admiral

I love it there so much...

#6 Post by erock308 »

I wish I could figure out a way how to live there...

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by nha trang »

Wow, incredible pictures and artwork guys! Thanks! I really want to plan a trip there soon!

erock308
Fleet Admiral

My Oil Tank ;{)

#8 Post by erock308 »

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

burroughsmvp wrote:Image

My wife took these when she was able to go to Hawaii (without me!) a couple of years ago.
Rabbit Island . . . my new desktop background!

Thanks!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: I love it there so much...

#10 Post by Steve »

erock308 wrote:I wish I could figure out a way how to live there...
You guys need to put away the board shorts and show some leg when sitting on the poop stoop! (That's right, I have no shame)....LOL!
Robins Nest-2 by airord, on Flickr[/img]