Can't find a Chronosport?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

Can't find a Chronosport?

#1 Post by perfectlykevin »

Just thought I'd post this as an alternative to the Chronosport. This is the CWC Royal Navy diver's watch, but it has the day/date feature (issued one has niether). Case is the same dimensions as the C-sport. It's quartz and rated to 300m. Fixed bars so you can only use a nylon strap on it.

They can be found at Silvermans (no affiliation but they are good to deal with). :)

Kev

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nice looking watch. That may be as close you get to a Chronosport as I've heard a few people on here mention they are very difficult, if not impossible, to find. In my book what you have is just as good.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I concur. A very nice looking watch.

Of course, the design is borrowed heavily from the Rolex Submariner (as is the Chronosport, and so many other popular dive watches).

A simple timeless design.

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by perfectlykevin »

Decided to resurect this old thread since I found a style that more closely resembles the old Chronosport SeaQUartz. :) Chris Benz makes dive watches and this is the same design as is found on the C-sport (pretty much!) :)

http://www.chrisbenz.de/

Sapphire crystal and WR t 200m. Also comes in a medium and Lady's size! No affiliation, just keeping on the look out for a reasonable substitute for the SeaQuartz. :)

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by only looking »

How much do they cost?
It made me do it Higgins!!!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by perfectlykevin »

only looking wrote:How much do they cost?
Looks to run at about 180 Euros, and I've emailed if they take the roughly 17% VAT off for selling to the US. :) Should bring it to around the 200USD range

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by wwmd »

You can find that Chris Benz watch on ebay from watch-shop_us for $249.95. I haven't bought one, but I checked out the price. Free shipping.

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by wwmd »

Anyone try the Chris Benz watch yet? I'm just curious.

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

JJ Quincannon
Lieutenant Commander

#9 Post by JJ Quincannon »

Hello, this week I purchased the Chris Benz diver pictured above exept I got one with the rubber dive strap.I orderd it through Watch-shop.com of Germany. The price was 239.95 US dollars and that included shipping.The website they have is pretty extensive and they have a menu to convert currencies and languages. I was a little learey about purchasing from overseas but they had exellent communications and tracking. I placed my order on Sunday morning May 8th and had the watch in my hands by Wendsday may 11th. It is a very good looking watch but time will tell as to its quality-service life.
"Ouuuta Sight"