December 11, 2011 - Dress like Magnum, P.I. day!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by Magnum T. »

John, it was a hot day, wasn't it? :wink:
Two thumbs up for the bravery!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#47 Post by Doc Ibold »

Styles Bitchley wrote:'Magnum P.I.' Cast: Where Are They Now?

Roger Mosely just posted this on his facebook page. The article is in recognition of the 30th anniversary.
There was even Magnum Mania shout out at the end!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by Steve »

Yes not only a mention of Magnum Mania, but also a mention of Rick Romer's blog............I have a feeling Kim Potts might be a member or a lurker of our fine hang out.............

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#49 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, they said The Mania is "one of the best, most comprehensive TV show fan sites on the Interwebs." Come on now, that's crazy talk! Still, very nice of them to say that! :)

Happy 30th Magnum P.I.!!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#50 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:Wow, they said The Mania is "one of the best, most comprehensive TV show fan sites on the Interwebs." Come on now, that's crazy talk! Still, very nice of them to say that! :)
Enough with the modesty James...MM is really an incredible resource.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

John.1962
Commander

#51 Post by John.1962 »

I agree! I check it almost everyday and it is awesome. It's got information I can't even believe, great people, and it really captures the essence of Magnum.

Helps make my life more complete! And no ads or pop ups too!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#52 Post by robspace54 »

re the pictures... You guys are scaring me!?!

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by KENJI »

It's all in good fun Rob, don't be scared!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#54 Post by J.J. Walters »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Enough with the modesty James...MM is really an incredible resource.
Oh, I know! But have you seen some of the Star Trek, Simpsons, Lost, etc. sites out there? MM is solid, for sure, but some of the sites out there are just insanely comprehensive! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#55 Post by Doc Ibold »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:Enough with the modesty James...MM is really an incredible resource.
Oh, I know! But have you seen some of the Star Trek, Simpsons, Lost, etc. sites out there? MM is solid, for sure, but some of the sites out there are just insanely comprehensive! ;)
Balderdash!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by perfectlykevin »

Late reply, I know, but here's what I was up to a few days prior to the anniversary. ;)

this was shot from Makapu'u lighthouse, where my parents renewed their 40th ann. wedding vows. :)

My first trip to Hawaii, and hopefully one of the last. Wh??? because now I want to move there! :D

Kev

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by Steve »

Hairstyle wrong, no mustache and long shorts but still, I think we have a winner. Great pics, Kev. How did the Estate look, were there any signs of renovattions still going on and were there any signs that the Hawaii 5-0 crew mght be in the area?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by KENJI »

Great shots Kevin,

The ring shot was very clever!!! I can see the sand is still very low!
Did you notice anymore improvements to the guest house?
I know how you feel about wanting to live there, I've been numerous times and it gets tougher to leave everytime! :cry:
I got married (MAUIed) in Hawaii and would love to do what your folks did for their 40th. anniversary! I bet it was a great time!!

Thanks for sharing!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by perfectlykevin »

Thanks guys! Yeah, not much on the dressing like Magnum part, I know. Hadn't planned to go to the Estate that day, and left the Tigers cap home since we rented a Pontiac, a not the Ferarri I wanted to (not that I could afford to! lOL!)

Didn't notice the Estate itself too much. I wasn't sure if Ms. Anderson and family were there and wanted to respect their privacy, but I did manage a few pics of the outter grounds...

This shot was taken next door, the entrance to another place along Ms. anderson's. I thought the sign was too good to pass up (and they had a German Shepard who looked pretty tough!)

Also found this lil' guy swimming in the tidal pool. Some kinda seabird, I'm not too familiar with most of the species there on Oahu (or other islands!), but he was freindly and let us pet him. :D

Image[/img]

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by only looking »

AMAZING pics...looks like ALOT of fun and one hell of a great memory to think back on. :wink:
It made me do it Higgins!!!