Crew T-shirt (Pilot)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Crew T-shirt (Pilot)

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Someone sent this to me recently. A super rare Magnum P.I. crew t-shirt from the Pilot!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by KENJI »

Very nice indeed!!!
Are you going to display it in a shadow box or?????

Jake
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by Jake »

Nice one, I hope they sent you the actual shirt and not just the pic! I dont recall ever seeing that shirt before. I have managed to pick up some neat MPI crew items over the years myself. I have crew t-shirts from 87 & 88, a couple of different crew hats, and the 86 crew watch that TS gave out for Xmas. These are such great pieces of Magnum history.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#4 Post by Mavrick »

Wow talk about having connections, :lol: That is really cool I never seen that shirt, So what are plans for it?
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

No, I don't have the shirt, just the picture! Sorry, I should have been more clear. I wouldn't expect someone to just give me their rare MPI crew shirt. ;)

Jake wrote:Nice one, I hope they sent you the actual shirt and not just the pic! I dont recall ever seeing that shirt before. I have managed to pick up some neat MPI crew items over the years myself. I have crew t-shirts from 87 & 88, a couple of different crew hats, and the 86 crew watch that TS gave out for Xmas. These are such great pieces of Magnum history.
Neat! Got any pics of the shirts and hats? Would love to see them.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Jake »

Neat! Got any pics of the shirts and hats? Would love to see them.[/quote]

I would be happy to take some pics of my magnum gear to share with the group. Is the easiest way for me to open something like a photobucket account, upload the photos, and post a link to them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome, thanks Jake!

Yeah, you need to upload the pics to a host. Once the photo has a public url, you come to the forum and then wrap the url with [IMG] tags.

Photobucket should work, same for ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/).

Jake
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Jake »

I finally got around to taking some pics and figuring out how to post them. Here are a couple of crew hats and a crew t-shirt from the ’88 season. I have another crew shirt from an earlier season as well as another crew hat; however these items are not here at my Michigan home so pics of those will have to come later.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Jake »

Here is a great MPI crew item (one of the best in my opinion). This belt buckle was a gift for the cast/crew and was presented by Tom Selleck upon wrapping filming of the final episode. The buckle is a real beauty and was made by renowned western artist/sculptor Al Shelton.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by Jake »

This custom Bulova Accutron watch was a Christmas gift given to the cast/crew by Tom Selleck in 1986 and is one of my favorite MPI treasures.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by Jake »

It is probably hard to tell what this is, but this is definitely the rarest MPI item that I own. These are actual 35mm frames cut out of a reel from the final Magnum PI episode. These came from a film editor who worked on the show for 5 years who kept them as a memento of his time in the editing room (some of my other crew items also came from the same person). These frames are part of the main title sequence and come from reel #1 (of 10) of the final 2-hour episode – there were 5 film reels per one hour episode (each reel was a 1000 feet and 16 frames make up a foot). Composite 35mm print has the soundtrack on the side of the print and the sound runs two feet ahead of the picture when it runs thru the 35mm movie projector. After editing the reels of 35mm composite print would be transferred to video tape for distribution to the TV stations.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Rear Admiral

#12 Post by Jake »

Here are some pics of a bit of my “Magnum Gear”. If there is interest I may spend the time to take and share pics of the rest of my Magnum gear, crew items, memorabilia, tie-ins, etc. I have ended up with quite a bit of stuff over the years. I also might try and scan some photographs I have from a collection of personal photos obtained from a crew member who worked on the show for the entire series – there are pics of sets, location shots, candids of cast members – a real nice collection of behind the scenes photos.
Last edited by Jake on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by steveadl »

OH MY GOD JAKE!!

These photos are awesome, keep them coming! So many cool collectors items, in particular the caps and the belt buckle.

Not that I think you ever would (and I don't blame you!), but please promise me if you ever plan on selling any of these items you'll let us know on MM!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by KENJI »

Jake you have some really special items there!!
I would love to see more pics!!!!!!!!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Holy Mackinaw! Such amazing stuff! The belt buckle is my fave so far.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.