Lighter Side Team Ring for sale - MINT!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

Lighter Side Team Ring for sale - MINT!

#1 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

This is a 10K Yellow gold size 9 Team Ring from "A Lighter Side." It has never been worn and is in mint condition!

I'm willing to let it go for $600.00 incl. delivery!

Please email or PM for pics!
Last edited by Sebastian Sabre on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Walks
Captain

#2 Post by Walks »

PM sent!

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#3 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

I tried sending pics but got an error message that your email is full! Let me know when to try again!

Kind regards,

Chris

Jake
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Jake »

John at Lighter Side will make a new one in 10K, sized to a custom fit, for $680 including priority shipping. Why pay $120 more for a used ring that you might need to resize?

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

I got an email from John today and he told me they were going for $800.00 now, that's why I listed it at that price...

However, I'm open to other offers if anyone wants to bid less!

Kind regards,

Chris

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Magnum T. »

When I first read this post the price was 500 bucks, then 600, now 800!
Come on guy!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

Can anyone fault me for wanting to get what it's worth?

Sorry for any confusion. I had no idea the price of gold had gone up again, so hence my changing the price.

As I wrote earlier, I'm open to offers!

Kind regards Guy!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Magnum T. »

I don't want to fault anybody but I think you can't expect to get the same price of a "new" ring.
In that case, why should someone buy it from you and not from Lighter Side?
Anyway, I hope you will make a good deal.
Good luck!
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#9 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

While it may not be "new" as in purchased in the past couple of months, it has been in the original box it came in and stored in a safe.

It has been "tried on" but not actually worn. It does not have a single scratch or wear of any kind as it has never been worn!

As I previously wrote, I'm open to offers if someone wants to make one!

If I can't get what I'm asking (here or elsewhere) I will sell it for one of the lower offers I've had or will get...

Best regards!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Magnum T. »

I see.
Well, I can't afford any of those prices so the best thing that I can do is to wish you good luck!
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#11 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

To be honest, if I was in the market for one of these (with the current price of gold) I couldn't afford it either.

After having watched a lot of Magnum recently (I tend to go on and off steady kicks of it; watching entire seasons or even the entire series and then on to something else) I decided to take a look at the ring, so I got it out of the safe and fell in love with it again!

I hate to sell it but being out of work for a while this damn economy is putting the squeeze on me.

As I stated earlier if I can't get rid of it and have to I will lower it and update my post.

I also realize that maybe once I sell it, at some point I'm going to want another! By then John will probably be fully retired and I won't be able to get one from him!

Does anyone have Robbie's 1st season team ring that he copied from the one he bought from Larry Manetti? I think that one looks great too but he is charging $900.00 now for 10K; 14K is $1089.00! If only I had a crystal ball I would have put all of my money into gold years ago! I'd love to have a silver one but that one is $550.00...

They are nice looking though; at the bottom of this page:

http://rocknrobbie.com/magste2.htm

On a different note I wanted to say hello to all here - this is the best fansite I have ever seen! I can't believe how incredibly thorough it is!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this but it always kills me - the Selleck and Hillerman outtake at 0:50. I can't even begin to imagine how much fun these guys had on that show! We think it was hard for us to say goodbye! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTVBE6duwFA
Last edited by Sebastian Sabre on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Sam »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.I laugh every time I see the outtakes and wish they would have released more.
Last edited by Sam on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

#13 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

Hello Sam and thank you!

I wonder if Manetti and Selleck ad-libbed that? If not, it's a credit to how fluid the relationship was between those guys!

Delving into the show again recently, I'm reminded (and struck!) how realistic and natural the relationships were on that show. There is nothing out there today that can hold a candle to that show. Everything today is so fake and the same thing just re-hashed over and over...

Give us a Magnum TV-movie on a quarterly basis! I can't believe it hasn't happened. I can understand the hesitancy for a major theatrical release, but isn't a successful TV movie a foregone conclusion?

Stupid studios and exec's don't know what the heck they are doing. All of these guys are such class acts towards their fans - these so called "actors" and "entertainers" today should take note and see how it's done!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Magnum T. »

If I had one of those rings I wouldn't sell it 'cause I will regret for sure.

As for the outtakes I don't understand why they haven't put them on DVDs as extra.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#15 Post by N1095A »

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. The reason these outtakes aren't out there is because they've been locked away in the ill-gotten collection of someone who was connected (on the fringe) with the show. The only reason they weren't released with the DVDs is because the simply weren't
accessable.
"But Higgins, I can explain."