looking for belt buckle

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

looking for belt buckle

#1 Post by Rocknrobbie »

Hello from Robbie
This is the first time that I have posted on this great forum, I already know a lot of the folks on here.

Anyway here is my question I am in need of a blank web belt buckle the 3" silver one that Tom used to wear on the show, I can recreate this buckle but I need one to get exact measurments from also I will need a place that I can get the buckles for a wholesale price.

Also does anyone have any updated info on the Relic Raiders, I would like to get a ring and pendent from them for my collection.

Thanking you in advance any help would be great.
Robbie

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Magnum T. »

Hi Robbie!
Nice to see you here too!
Hope you are fine.
As for your request, I don't know if it can be useful, but you could give a look to an eBay shop called Armed Forces Insignia.
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by only looking »

Robbie, when you get those belt buckles made..put me down for an order brother...... :wink: ....hope you're doing well...Sara says Hello as well
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by Rocknrobbie »

I sure will put you down for one, I don't know if I can make it work on an existing buckle if not I may just make them like a normal buckle, at least it will look exactly the same from the front, they will be ready for Christmas if my plan goes well, Tell Sara Hello from me to her.

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Rocknrobbie »

Thanks for the info on the Ebay site, I did not see any on there but I did send him a email we will see if he can help me out.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by only looking »

we looked for the 3" blank buckle to make the buckle over the years...but if you can find the maker of the buckles....you could probably order them without any emblem and then put on Magnum's naval emblme as well as his name......GOOD LUCK

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#7 Post by N1095A »

Hi Robbie, I'm the guy who just bought the two USNA T-shirts from you. In case you didn't recognize the username. (and I love the shirts, by the way)

I've done exhaustive research over the past 3 years to try and find a source for the 3" web belt buckle. The closest I've found is the Zippo buckle, http://cgi.ebay.com/Zippo-Military-Styl ... 19c085479e but it's about 1/4 inch too narrow.
Another member here (Dakota Ellison)bought a USAF Hap Arnold buckle, removed the emblem, and had the buckle refinished. By the time he was finished he had a great looking buckle, but the time and expense was unbelievable. I've been working on this project for quite a while now, and not gotten the results I wanted. I wish you luck in this quest, and of course, I'll be wanting one if you are able to do it.
One other aspect I've found difficult is the word "MAGNUM" appears to not be engraved on the buckle, but rather raised gold colored letters. That makes a reproduction even more challenging. There is also some question as to the emblem on the buckle, Whether it is a Surface Warfare emblem, or a Special operations officer emblem. Judging by your work on the rings and pendants, I think your version of the buckle would be nothing short of spectacular. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Regards,
Mike

viewtopic.php?t=1418&start=10&postdays= ... ght=buckle
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by only looking »

N1095A wrote:Hi Robbie, I'm the guy who just bought the two USNA T-shirts from you. In case you didn't recognize the username. (and I love the shirts, by the way)

I've done exhaustive research over the past 3 years to try and find a source for the 3" web belt buckle. The closest I've found is the Zippo buckle, http://cgi.ebay.com/Zippo-Military-Styl ... 19c085479e but it's about 1/4 inch too narrow.
Another member here (Dakota Ellison)bought a USAF Hap Arnold buckle, removed the emblem, and had the buckle refinished. By the time he was finished he had a great looking buckle, but the time and expense was unbelievable. I've been working on this project for quite a while now, and not gotten the results I wanted. I wish you luck in this quest, and of course, I'll be wanting one if you are able to do it.
One other aspect I've found difficult is the word "MAGNUM" appears to not be engraved on the buckle, but rather raised gold colored letters. That makes a reproduction even more challenging. There is also some question as to the emblem on the buckle, Whether it is a Surface Warfare emblem, or a Special operations officer emblem. Judging by your work on the rings and pendants, I think your version of the buckle would be nothing short of spectacular. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Regards,
Mike

viewtopic.php?t=1418&start=10&postdays= ... ght=buckle
Hey Mike, told you you'd like the shirts, hope things are going well your way..and hoping the info you supplied will help Robbie get on the right track with these buckles...... :D

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#9 Post by N1095A »

Things are going pretty well here.
Yeah, He does GREAT work. It will be nice to see the finished product.
How are things with you?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by only looking »

Hanging in there brother..Happy Halloween..btw

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by steveadl »

I'd definitely be interested in one as well Robbie, good luck making them.

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#12 Post by Rocknrobbie »

Thanks Mike
I have a email into the guy for the Zippo buckle to see if he has any more I will come up with something real soon.
Robbie

Kimbosan
Captain

#13 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys,

try this

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/c-us-navy-be ... -1253.aspx

Regards Kimbosan :P
Kimbosan

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#14 Post by Rocknrobbie »

Thanks for the link I will check it out I am thinking that I will just make it as a regular belt buckle for now, until I can find some of the military buckles for a fair price.
Thanks again Robbie

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by only looking »

Rocknrobbie wrote:Thanks for the link I will check it out I am thinking that I will just make it as a regular belt buckle for now, until I can find some of the military buckles for a fair price.
Thanks again Robbie
keep checking....find the right ones..... :D don't stop till you're spot on.