Team Ring

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#46 Post by wwmd »

I e-mailed the gentleman a while back, and he said that his version of the ring starts at $680.

Gold is getting really expensive.
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Walks
Captain

Team Ring

#47 Post by Walks »

I really dig the Lighter Side ring, as well.

I had mine made from "Near Gold". It's heavy and looks like gold, rich and yellow - but it's much less expensive. Unfortunately, it also tarnishes.

I don't wear it (The only Magnum related jewelry I have is a vintage 1967 GMT with a "Pepsi" bezel - I lucked out and found it at a pawnshop.), but keep it in my studio with my Magnum wallet, Al Kaline card and two dollar bill. I keep meaning to scan and change the serial number on the bill but haven't had a chance.

Oh - And thinking of the wallet - I'm an artist and designer (http://www.russellwalks.com), and I've made a few other "fillers" for it - A torn ticket from the Surfing contest in "Dream a Little Dream" for instance, and an unused Army-Navy ticket from the 83 game in Pasadena. ("No More Mr. Nice Guy")
I'd be happy to make t
hat stuff available if anyone's interested in it - You'd have to print it out yourself, of course...

Anyway, here's my ring:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#48 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi, Walks. I just wanted to say that your website is fantastic! Love the layout and design. And your illustrations are incredibly good! You have a lot of talent. I especially like your Star Wars work. Amazing! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Walks
Captain

#49 Post by Walks »

Thanks - I did the layout, design and coding myself as a way to learn Dreamweaver - I wanted to sort of evoke those old sci-fi movies. As a point of interest (or boringness, depending on your point of view), I packed the site with little references to the things I love - everything from The 80's era Lakers to Hitchhikers' Guide. That's one of the fun things about doing it yourself!

I would love to do some Magnum painted stuff, and at some point I will!

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#50 Post by Rocknrobbie »

Very nice ring, did you have a jeweler make it for you?
I used to use Nutra Gold but it has sense been discontinued, so I can not make anymore, it was a great sub for the real gold.
Robbie

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#51 Post by Rocknrobbie »

By the way I would be interested in your Magnum wallet items.
Thank you
Robbie

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#52 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:Hi, Walks. I just wanted to say that your website is fantastic! Love the layout and design. And your illustrations are incredibly good! You have a lot of talent. I especially like your Star Wars work. Amazing! :)
Totally! This one is my fave:

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Magnum T. »

wwmd wrote:I e-mailed the gentleman a while back, and he said that his version of the ring starts at $680.

Gold is getting really expensive.
Thanks for the info. To be honest I tought more, anyway still a lot of money to me.
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Magnum T. »

@ Walks

I am a classic Sci-Fi and Star Wars fan so I really loved your site.
Just gave a look, I will explore it as soon as I find the time.
BTW, I am a designer too (not as good as you!).
Bravo!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#55 Post by J.J. Walters »

Walks wrote:I would love to do some Magnum painted stuff, and at some point I will!
This would be absolutely fantastic if you did! Don't forget Higgins if you do. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Hawaii84
Captain

#56 Post by Hawaii84 »

At a luau on Maui wearing my "Lighter Side" ring. Size 10, 10K. Pictured with my brother.

Image[/img]

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#57 Post by Mavrick »

Every time I see that Ring I want one more and more, Maybe one day I will get one but I have to win the Lotto first , Because the cheapest I have seen one is for 600 bucks And there is no way in the world I will be able to afford that at one shot, I wish I could find a Place that would do a payment plan (kinda like a monthly bill) But every place that I have seen You have to have the Money up front so Maybe Just maybe One of you good people might know of such a place if you do please help me out Thank you
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#58 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Mavrick wrote:Every time I see that Ring I want one more and more, Maybe one day I will get one but I have to win the Lotto first , Because the cheapest I have seen one is for 600 bucks And there is no way in the world I will be able to afford that at one shot, I wish I could find a Place that would do a payment plan (kinda like a monthly bill) But every place that I have seen You have to have the Money up front so Maybe Just maybe One of you good people might know of such a place if you do please help me out Thank you
I suggest a piggy bank Mav. Debt should only be for houses and - possibly - cars. Sorry...it's the dad in me!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#59 Post by Mavrick »

I suggest a piggy bank Mav. Debt should only be for houses and - possibly - cars. Sorry...it's the dad in me![/quote]

No need to say you are sorry, You are right, I just get the wants really bad at times ,It s hard for me to save money like that lol But I guess I will have to bite the bullett and save and once I get the money I will ask you guys were is the best place to get the team ring, but untill then I will dream a little dream and wish apon a star lol
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Sebastian Sabre
Lieutenant Commander

Spoted this ring on Ebay

#60 Post by Sebastian Sabre »

I thought this was an interesting spin on the ring, has anyone bought one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROSS-LORRAINE-SILV ... 3356591095