Found my Halloween costume!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Steve »

I have never had the nerve to dress as Magnum for Halloween. My friends and family know my, what they would call "obsession", but what I call "interest" in the show but what the heck, I dress in jeans and Hawaiian Shirts all Summer long anyway, only difference is I don't have the good looks, the brown hair or the dimples, so.........
I have gone out and bought a can of brown, temporary color, hair spray and may, after a couple of Grey Goose Martinis, just have enough nerve to go ahead and do it this year.
A warning to you kids out there that are going as Magnum, especially those of you like me, middle aged males of the melanin challenged species, please respect our hero, even after a few too many Old Dusseldorf's or this may be the result!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEN3Z4MEPRQ

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#17 Post by ConchRepublican »

Grey Goose martinis . . . . very nice!

If you get a chance, try Chopin vodka. It's a potato vodka and it makes a great dirty martini!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#18 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I do love the Grey Goose! I went as Magnum last year and it was a huge hit. I have a game tonight so no chance for dress up this year.

ConchRepublican

#19 Post by ConchRepublican »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Guys, I wouldn't feel bad about wearing those hats even if you didn't serve. I think , if nothing else, it shows your support for the military and the people that did serve appreciate it! I served in the Navy on a destroyer, but that does not stop me from owning a few Navy SEAL t shirts. I'd never tell anyone I was a Navy SEAL so I don't see anything wrong with wearing those shirts.
LOL!!! I can't imagine me wearing a SEAL t-shirt. I think they'd know I wasn't!!!!

Then again, I do have a buddy who was in the Airborne that does roll a bit bigger than his old jumping days . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by KENJI »

I love the Jerk picture - priceless!!!!!

Halloween is a good warm up for the big day in December!

Anyone dressing up in a MPI costume this year?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#21 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I'm too busy with my kids costumes this year to worry about my own.

I had to put together a cactus costume for my older son...that took a while to figure out!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

John.1962
Commander

#22 Post by John.1962 »

Here I am two years ago on Halloween at work, I bought the outfit (didn't like the shirt though) and luckily it came with a hat labeled "Magnum PI" so people know who I was! Those irresponsible cretins! They just don't know good programs like they used to.

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Brian »

I'm putting together the ultimate Magnum costume for Halloween this year.

I have everything but I still need to get a brown wig, mustache, and a tan.

I'll make sure to post some pictures later this year.
Sneakers Higgins!!

ConchRepublican

#24 Post by ConchRepublican »

Bah . . . all this talk of Halloween costumes . . . like only one day counts . . . I dress like this every weekend!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Brian »

I agree, I dress like Magnum every day. I dig Magnum's fashion. I even bought a tennis racquet just like Magnum's and try to play as much as I can. And a few of my pals and I are starting a Volleyball team this summer. Any ideas for a cool team name?
Sneakers Higgins!!

ConchRepublican

#26 Post by ConchRepublican »

Brian wrote:I agree, I dress like Magnum every day. I dig Magnum's fashion. I even bought a tennis racquet just like Magnum's and try to play as much as I can. And a few of my pals and I are starting a Volleyball team this summer. Any ideas for a cool team name?
The Lads . . . :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot