Magnum G.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#16 Post by golfmobile »

N,

Checked your myspace profile! Cool! You like horses too?

I'm eager to see the heli you got, once you have converted it to IH.

Yes, the 1/6 heli is large, but we usually put up a REALLY big Christmas tree since we have a 20' ceiling in our living room. I think the tree would not be dwarfed by the 1/6 IH heli at the top. But first I have to GET one!

Yes, I have Rick and TC -- pictures on MGI on blogspot at Rick and TC (move down the page for older posts).

But here's one example (where our three buddies are having beers at the MGI version of the King Kamehemeha Club):

"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#17 Post by golfmobile »

P.S.

MGI has a new 3D moustache. Can you tell by this photo? Or was this just an exercise in futility, just for me to do it semi-right?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#18 Post by N1095A »

The pictures look great. TC with the belt and suspenders, and Rick's shirt are dead on. Now all you need is some teeny tiny team rings, and Tigers/VMO2 caps :D
The myspace account is mainly my wife's but I maintain it. And yes she LOVES horses. I like 'em too, but not as much as she does. We have two morgans. They're brothers. I'll put up some photos on myspace soon, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#19 Post by Shermy »

I'm just waiting for Quigley to meet up with Elmo Ziller. :lol:

Waltstasz
Admiral

#20 Post by Waltstasz »

Great pics! All of the guys look good. Don't forget that (with the exception of the pilot) TC never drinks alcohol. Unless that's a root beer he's holding? :lol:
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#21 Post by golfmobile »

Walt,

Oops! I had only doll-size beer bottles. We'll pretend it's ginger ale in a bottle.

Shermy,

Per your request:

Of course, though, before visiting Quigley Down Under, Elmo stopped on the way in Hawaii to visit with Magnum:

Though I confess I didn't go to the trouble to add the Dorito Bandito moustache to Elmo, nor his sideburns . . . .

AND, coincidentally (!!), the Elmo Ziller episode was on Sleuth Channel's MPI episode tonight! Isn't THAT something? Which is PARTICULARLY interesting because supposedly the Sleuth Channel was stopping the 7 p.m. showing of Magnum and going with only a 9 a.m. showing, but tonight it's back to 7 p.m., I'm glad to say. I'm here to watch it at 7 p.m., but not at 9 a.m.

"Magnum, you have more dumb luck than anyone I know." --Higgins

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#22 Post by Shermy »

As Magnum would say, this is JUST GREAT. Thanks for indulging me, golf! :lol:
golfmobile wrote:Though I confess I didn't go to the trouble to add the Dorito Bandito moustache to Elmo, nor his sideburns
I think it works better with his regular `stache!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Miss Q »

Golf, I love Rick in his blue shirt with the white collar, its perfect...

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall if you got pulled over with "Magnum" driving.... lol! :P

try and figure out how to explain yourself out of that one.... :lol: :shock:
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#24 Post by golfmobile »

Miss Q,

Ironically, just last night on Sleuth the "Three Minus Two" episode was shown in which Rick wears this shirt. I was watching the news in the kitchen and my husband was in the bedroom watching MPI and he came flying out and asked, "Did you put the epaulettes on Rick's shoulders?" I asked what he was talking about and he snatched up the remote and switched the channel to Sleuth, where Rick was talking at the KKC with Magnum, and, sure enough, there were self-material epaulettes on his shirt.

Now this observation came from a man who CANNOT DRESS HIMSELF. He wears plaid shorts with Hawaiian shirts! Yet he spots a little "fashion" detail like that and points it out to me, so I can correct it! Okay, Rick gets a new shirt (yes, I could just add epaulettes to his current one, but it isn't really very well made, so I plan to make it again anyway -- this time with the epaulettes).

Hopefully any cop or state patrolman who stops me driving with MGI will have a sense of humor or be a MPI fan. If not, then maybe he'll just let me go because he thinks I'm nutty as a fruitcake . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow! The outfits are simply fantastic. Great job golf!

Elmo returns! LOL! :D
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Intro Preview

#26 Post by golfmobile »

Well, guys, I'm still missing some major props for recreating the intro with all the shots. I just GOTTA get that $100 Ultimate Soldier AH-6 Loach helicopter to paint as TC's Island Hoppers heli . . . . Then I can complete most of the rest of the intro clips. But here's a start. Use your imagination, remember my geographic and kinetic limitations, keep your sense of humor. . . and when I get more props, I'll work on more videos clips to complete the intro.

Magnum GI Intro through Higgins clips

(still have to do all the TC and Rick clips, so . . . .)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#27 Post by SelleckLover »

OMG!!! golf!!! That is awesome! Brought a huge smile to my face! I'm sure TS would be proud of all the work that you've put into this! 2 thumbs up!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#28 Post by golfmobile »

SL,

Thanks! SO glad you enjoyed it. As you can imagine, I've viewed the danged thing dozens of times, getting it edited and in order. And, I swear, every time I see MGI walking through the "jungle" in camos, I crack myself up. That is the funniest part to me.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#29 Post by N1095A »

Great work Golf. I loved the teeny tiny, "teeny tiny toy cannon". Where did you ever find a teeny tiny rubber chicken?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#30 Post by Shermy »

Holy ****!!

That is classic. I think Higgins directing the music may be my favorite part. :lol: