Magnum Beaches

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

John.1962
Commander

Magnum Beaches

#1 Post by John.1962 »

I was looking on Google Earth, with the help of rubber chicken's app, I was wondering if anyone knew where some of the beaches were Magnum was filmed.

For example, in the episode Beauty Knows No Pain the beginning shot he is running to the Club, is that the beach right outside of the beach bar location?

Also, after he watches the video of explosion that seemed to have killed Michelle and Lily he runs helter-skelter down a beach and collapses. He then looks up and you realize Magnum means business and is out for revenge. Anyone know that location? (Unfinished Business).

Thanks for any help.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi,

Most of them are in the Rubber Chicken guide that you mentioned. They filmed all over the island, on many beaches - Sandy Beach Park, Makapuu Beach, Bellows, Kahala, Kaula Bay, Waikiki, Waialae Beach Park, to name a few.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#3 Post by rubber chicken »

Yes, sorry for not responding more promptly. I haven't been able to spend much time on the forums in the past months. (I still have to respond to another post about the observations of the building used in Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too.)

The Beauty Knows No Pain beach you refer to is indeed the beach right outside the beach bar, just as it's presented in the episode. Incidentally (and maybe this was noted before), I noticed a funny thing at 2:06, where they cut to the interior of the beach bar. Magnum can be seen jogging in place for a step or two before starting to jog into the bar. He must have been doing a quick cool down... :)

It's hard to be 100% sure about the beach where Magnum runs in Unfinished Business. But I'm pretty certain it's Kawaikui Beach, and Magnum is running here just southwest of Kawaikui Beach Park. Here's a picture showing the same stretch of beach. I also mentioned the beach in this post where the camera shoots in the opposite direction (east).

A different beach that was used quite often is this stretch of beach, but I've hardly included it in the guide because unless you're there in person it isn't possible to pinpoint an exact location due to the fact that typically only trees and the beach are seen.