Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Marco
Commander

#46 Post by Marco »

Hi guys!

Sorry, I am not that much around here - and I actually did not get a notice of the new PM.

I have checked about a way to provide you the ability to order it - but it can take a few weeks still. If you are really interested in the frame, too and if we can find about 10 people who want one, I can get that frame being done as well. I planned to get it made for quite some time - but the past 2-3 years were pretty silent for me in terms of Magnum,p.i. fandom as there was not enough time for this. So, let me know - for the painting I will get that solution done. It will be provided through a shop owned by a friend of mine actually - I don't want to make any money out of it as this is not the purpose for me in the Magnum fan world so it will be just create & shipping costs for you. If you want to buy me a 308QV as a thank you I won't mind though :D

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by only looking »

Marco wrote:Hi guys!

Sorry, I am not that much around here - and I actually did not get a notice of the new PM.

I have checked about a way to provide you the ability to order it - but it can take a few weeks still. If you are really interested in the frame, too and if we can find about 10 people who want one, I can get that frame being done as well. I planned to get it made for quite some time - but the past 2-3 years were pretty silent for me in terms of Magnum,p.i. fandom as there was not enough time for this. So, let me know - for the painting I will get that solution done. It will be provided through a shop owned by a friend of mine actually - I don't want to make any money out of it as this is not the purpose for me in the Magnum fan world so it will be just create & shipping costs for you. If you want to buy me a 308QV as a thank you I won't mind though :D
YES, PLEASE email me with the total price and pic of what it will look like. I'm assuming you're going for the look of the frame used in the series for your copies as well am i correct? put me on the list. have a spot already waiting for it. also Marco is your painting also about the same size as the show? it appears to be on your wall.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by only looking »

J.J. Walters wrote:Slight correction regarding Magnum's "Gauguin" painting. The paintings are more commonly (and correctly) known as Vairumati (from 1896) and When Will You Marry (from 1892).

also if possible would love to be framed like the one in the series. meaning some of the painiting you did would actually be slightly covered due to frame as in the above image.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by only looking »

Marco wrote:I did this some time back and you can see it hanging in our living room:

It's still missing the frame - no time right now to get that done as well.

Marco
and of course your painting to show everyone on here how close it really is to the one used in the series. :shock:

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by only looking »

Still waiting.....Marco....I'm starting to feel like that nerdie guy on prom night...Are you standing me up...LOL.... :lol: I want that picture. :wink:

Marco
Commander

#51 Post by Marco »

The size is pretty much the same than the one in the series. Small parts of the original painting were hidden by the frame (compare your screenshot to my picture of the painting hanging in our living room) so to match that, it was painted a bit larger so it matches the series, once framed.

Also, the painting in the series is "aged" and that will be done digitally, also. So in the end, it will be VERY close to the original indeed. Also the frame will be exactly the one as in the series - a reproduced one of course. The frame was nothing expensive back then but it would be hard to find an exact copy so many years later. It is quite a standard frame though. A carpenter close to me would create it.

I know you are anxious to get the painting - but my time is VERY limited. So I will get it done - and as soon as it is, you can order it (the picture reprint). For the frame, I need at least 10 people wanting one to get a good price.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by only looking »

Alright guys and gals...get your names out here to be added to the list.....
I'm officiallly #1 or the last #10..don't care...just on the list for painiting and frame... :wink: Also might wante to get a rough estimate as to cost of frame and/or the print for people to maybe get on board sooner.... :wink:

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by erock308 »

what kind of Price are we looking at?
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

wes
Lieutenant Commander

#54 Post by wes »

I'm in for the picture.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#55 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Also wondering about the price.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by only looking »

Marco don't leave us hangin here...got any more ideas about price and when this can be ready to purchase..... :wink:

Marco
Commander

#57 Post by Marco »

I am actually meeting this evening with a friend of mine from whom's company you could order the copies directly. As mentioned earlier, I am only an infrequent visitor here.

I would offer a digital copy to someone here and you could get it made in the US also (which may be the easiest for the majority around here) but I don't want to see copies of it being sold on eBay or something like that.

So - I will keep you posted :P

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by only looking »

I really liked the option you were talking where it would looked painted. Plus the speciality made frame to match the one on the show...that's the way I'd want to go....just me :wink: p.s. don't be a stranger..stick your head in here more often.... :D

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#59 Post by Mr. Greene »

I would be interested as well. keep us posted on what we need to do

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#60 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'm interested as well. Lets get a price and see if this is something most of us could do.