Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Waltstasz
Admiral

#16 Post by Waltstasz »

SelleckLover, thanks for the link. There are some really good TS pics on that site. I'd never seen most of those before. TS is looking good for his age in the recent shots. He definately could play Magnum in the move. :x His house looks really nice, too. It's no Robin's Nest, but still very nice... :)

MAGNUM308, that's awsome that you've got stuff from the set!

Woah, it's our first two page thread! 8)
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

Dan, your 'Magnum Cartoon' is awesome! You've got some serious artistic talent. Did you happen to do T.C., Rick, or Higgie-Baby? ;)

Magnum308, that is so cool, man. If you get any more stuff from Russ (one of my favorite MPI directors, btw), do share. ;)

SelleckLover, thanks for the TS link and info. Good stuff. Have you seen Selleck's old Hawaiian house?

It's in the Black Point community of Kahala. He owned it from '81-'01. Sold for a cool 2.7 mil.!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#18 Post by Shermy »

I had some Magnum trading cards as a kid. Some of them had little quotes on the back that were intended to be Magnum's narration. I remember the Don't Eat The Snow In Hawaii card had Magnum talking about Higgins ordering a cheeseburger on the back. For years, I've wondered what the hell that was about. :?

MAGNUM308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#19 Post by MAGNUM308 »

OK I guess if I lived in Hawaii I could make do with that house :lol:

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

It's no Robin's Nest, but still very nice... Smile

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

Walstasz--Here is some of the information I've gleaned from some of the print memorabilia I have about Tom's ranch. (That's what he calls it). It consists of 63 acres and in 1994 53 of that 63 acres perished in one of the famous brush fires we have here in southern California. After that he decided to plant avocado trees, and is now an avocado rancher. He has stables on the ranch to house all the horses that he owns, including a horse named "Spike" that was given to him by the animal wranglers from the "Quigley Down Under" movie. His ranch's former owner was the singer Dean Martin.

James--Thanks for posting the picture of the Hawaii house! That's one I haven't seen before!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Danno »

Did you happen to do T.C., Rick, or Higgie-Baby?
I'm getting to them! :-)
After that he decided to plant avocado trees, and is now an avocado rancher.
That's cool... what a laid back existence to be enjoying. I wonder if he still sports a Tigers cap from time to time...

Has anyone ever seen a decent and affordable Hughes 500D model kit?
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

Aloha Magnum Book by Larry Manetti

#22 Post by SelleckLover »

This post is for Waltstasz......there is an autographed copy of the book by Larry Manetti up for auction on eBay right now. It's a 10 day auction, and there's 9 days and some change left on the auction. The starting bid is $49.99.....the last one up for auction went for over $70....just thought I'd give you a heads up. Mahalo!

Waltstasz
Admiral

#23 Post by Waltstasz »

Thanks! I'll check it out. :)
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

layne
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by layne »

Hi everyone...Loved reading about all the Magnum things you all are collecting. Just wanted to let you all know that I just read on EBAY that Magnum's white dinner jacket from the episode "Texas Lightning" is for sale. It looks like the starting required bids are $600-$800. Does anyone have about a $1000 dollars I can borrow??? Just kidding! I would love to have that size 43L coat to hang in my closet! Loved that episode!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi layne, welcome.

Yeah, 'Texas Lightning' is a fun episode. $600-$800 for the dinner jacket? That's about $599 out of my price range. ;)

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Magnum Stuff

#26 Post by IslandHopper »

Hey all,

There is a website called Cafepress.com (I think) and they produce T-Shirts, coffee mugs, hats, and many other types of apparel and items. These are not collectible items from the 80's, but you can get items with Magnum P.I., Island Hoppers and other Magnum related stuff. If the web address above is not exact, go to Yahoo or some other search engine and type in "Island Hoppers." Now, there will be many items that come up, as there are actual businesses with that name. One of the items that should come up is a T-shirt with TC's actual Island Hopper logo. Once on the correct site, you can type in what type of items you are looking for. For Magnum stuff try the following: Magnum, Magnum P.I., Selleck, Island Hoppers. There is even a T-Shirt with Higgins' likeness on it. You will be pleasantly surprised how much stuff is available. I have purchased 3 Island Hoppers T-shirts (my wife even has one), an Island Hoppers hat, a Magnum T-shirt with a picture of the Ferrari, a Magnum mouse pad also with a picture of the Ferrai, as well as a few other items. The site is definitely worth checking out. Good luck.

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#27 Post by Vanity »

Hi Guys,

There's a great site for Island Hoppers T-shirts.
I know what you're thinking....it's all in German & it's Germany based. Sure they dispatch all over the world.

The first site features Island Hoppers, TS as Magnum PI, the Cross of Lorraine & a so called King Kamehameha Club...in many colors and shirt types.
http://www.madmaxed.de/shirt-shop/magnum.html

The second site features an Island Hoppers T-shirt with the Hughes 500D short version, by Baretta. See it by yourself.
http://www.pearlharbor.de/shopping/shir ... p?ID=11156

There is a third site which has great Island Hoppers T-shirts, but funny enough, I cannot locate it on the web anymore...I keep on surfing and will keep you posted.

So long for now[/url]
I know what you're thinking...

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Miss Q »

All I get is pictures of TS, not that its a bad thing.... how do I see the house??

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#29 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hello Miss Q, welcome to MM!

The image of Selleck's ranch can be found here. Looks like a great house!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Miss Q »

Thanks for the welcome, I think I'll stay for awhile :D
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock